Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains the contents and purpose of the various sections typically included in the Customer 360 DETAILS page. The DETAILS page gives CSMs/AMs a 360-degree view of your customers in one place - from usage to sentiment to the executive relationship. To access the Customer 360 view, click on the customer name hyperlink from anywhere within Gainsight.
You can see the following standard sections on a Customer 360 Details page:
- Success Plans
- Sponsor Tracking
Note: This view is customizable and Admins can add or remove sections using the C360 Layouts.
At the top of the Customer 360 Details view, you can see:
- Customer Name
- Follow: Clicking the Rounded Plus will keep you posted on any kind of updates related to this specific customer. For example, if a CTA is raised, if an activity is logged, etc., CSMs will receive a notification via email and/or in-app notifications.
Note: If you follow a customer, you will receive the notifications related to customer but not the relationship.
- Scrolling: Switching ON the toggle button allows you to scroll through the sections in the 360 Detail view. Switching OFF the toggle button disables scrolling.You can click the section names on the left instead to navigate to the specific section in the C360 detail view.
- Clicking Shared 360 navigates you to the Share 360 page. Share 360 page allows you to share customer information (in read-only mode) with non Gainsight users. For more information about the Share 360, refer Shared 360 Overview (For CSMs) article.
- Search menu: allows you to search a section by its name.
- Click a tile (or scroll) to navigate to a section within the 360 view.
C360 Detail View
Following are the C360 sections that are displayed in the DETAIL page.
In the summary section, you can see current contract values and important dates and data, which typically include:
- Status: field that displays the status of a company, Active or Inactive or Churn
- Industry: field that displays the industry to which a specific company belongs to.
- Stage: field used to track the stage of a company such as Launched, Adopting, Will Churn, etc.
CSMs can see a maximum of 6 fields/widgets on the left pane and 6 fields on the right pane in the Summary section of the C360 detail view. For example, you may see the following fields in the right pane of the Summary section as configured by Admins:
- Original Cont. Date
- Renewal Date
- Lifetime in Months
- ARR or MRR
- NPS Score - depending on the configuration of this section within the C360 layout, this score might be displayed as an average of all responses to the survey, or the 'actual/true' NPS score that has not been calculated as an average.
In the Scorecard section, you can track customer health over time from qualitative (e.g. relationship) and quantitative (for example, usage) metrics to quickly prioritize engagement and boost revenue.
You can perform the following actions from Scorecard section in C360 view:
- Apply Scorecard:
- Click the Settings (Gear) icon to select other scorecards.
- Select a scorecard from the Change to dropdown list, if you wish to change the scorecard.
Note: You can see multiple scorecards in the Change to dropdown list, based on the scorecard configuration. Changing a scorecard for a company leads to recalculation of the health score. Gainsight recommends you to reach out to your admin before changing the scorecard for a company.
- Click APPLY to apply the selected scorecard.
- Collapse all groups: If there are multiple measure groups in a Scorecard, select the Collapse all groups checkbox to collapse all the groups, and uncheck the checkbox to expand all the groups.
For more information on various components of the Scorecard section on C360/R360 pages, refer to View and Update Scorecards in 360.
The attributes section allows you to see data in a record from the Company object. You can see fields from the Company object that have been added by the admin in the Attributes section configuration. You can also perform inline edits to the attributes in this section by clicking the edit icon next to a field. You cannot make inline edits to the non-editable fields as configured by the admin.
In the Cockpit section, you can see all of your Calls to Actions (CTAs) for a specific company which could be a combination of Events, Opportunities and/or Risks. You can view open and closed CTAs in this page. These CTAs can be added manually or can be triggered as configured in the business rules to warn of issues or flag opportunities. To learn more about managing Cockpit, check out How to Use Cockpit to Manage Your Daily Routine.
Person section in C360 is used to view the list of people associated with a company. In the Person section, you can view records of people you interact with, while working with a particular company. Person records include name, phone, email, social media profiles, company, etc. CSMs can search, filter, add, edit and delete a person record from the person section. You can also see the list of other companies or relationships, a person is associated with.
For more information on how CSMs use person section in C360, refer Person Section in C360.
Person section in C360 looks similar to the following image.
Usage section in C360 helps CSMs view the usage data associated with a company, in a Layout as defined in an Adoption Explorer project.
You can perform the following actions in the Usage Section on C360 page:
- Select the required Instances.
- Apply the Date Range filters.
- Toggle Legends.
- Change the Themes.
After you apply the required filters, the data will be shown in a Default View. But, you can still change the chart type by clicking the three dots > Other Charts. You can also select the Default View again, if you wish to.
For instance, from the above Adoption Explorer layout, you can get the following details on C360 page, from each of the usage sections: Company ID, Company Name, ARR, Sum of Licensed Seats, Sum of Used Licensed Seats, Page View Data, Segment in which the selected measure falls, etc. Similarly, you can view the usage data of your companies on the C360 page as per your requirement. To configure the Usage Layouts and Usage Sections in an Adoption Explorer project, as per your business requirement, contact your Gainsight (Adoption Explorer) Admin.
The survey section includes two tabs that display survey data collected using the NPS methodology:
- NPS RESPONSES: displays aggregated customer ratings using the NPS methodology.
Note: Depending on the configuration of this section within the C360 layout, this score might be displayed as an average of all responses to the survey, or the 'actual' score that has not been calculated as an average.
- RESPONSES: displays User-specific link to the actual survey responses. You can click the View icon to see the survey response of a participant in a new tab.
To learn more about Surveys, refer NPS Analytics article.
Relationships is a Gainsight object that can be used to model multiple perspectives by creating relationship types and relationships, which helps your Customer Success team manage the success of each relationship. Relationships takes Customer Success beyond managing Companies. It helps Customer Success team manage each connection point (Relationship) with your customer. For more information on relationships, refer Relationships Overview.
You can perform the following actions from the Relationships view:
- Click the Relationship dropdown list to select the Custom Reports added by your admin, and also you can filter relationships based on the Relationship Types.
- You can switch between the Card View and List View. Card View displays the Relationship Types and List View displays the Reports. For the custom reports shown in the list view, you can make use of some of the reporting options here, like: Selecting a Visualization type, applying Ranking, modifying Filters and Export options, etc.
- Click + ADD to add a new relationship.
- Click Edit to edit the existing Relationship details.
- Click Delete to delete the relationship.
Note: When you delete this record, the fields in other objects that are joined with the current object (Relationship) may have some impact on their records. It is recommended to reach out to your admin before deleting the Relationship record.
Success Plans help CSMs monitor and drive success with individual customers based on objectives and criteria that you define. Success Plans use a CTA type called Objectives. Success Plans may be composed of one or more Objective CTAs, and may include associated Tasks, either manually created or applied through Playbooks. For more information on success plans, refer to << Create Success Plans in the C360 >> TBA.
Sponsor Tracking on C360 Section allows the users to track the contacts associated with a specific Company. By clicking + SPONSOR, you can see a list of contacts as configured by your admin. Click the Track icon for the required contact from the Action column to add a contact as Sponsor. Once you add a sponsor for the Company, you can view that Sponsor in the Sponsor tracking section of the C360.
For information on how CSMs can track sponsors from C360 Page, refer to Track Sponsors from C360 Page.
For information on how admins configure Sponsor Tracking Section in C360, refer to Configure C360 Sponsor Tacking Section article.
In the TIMELINE page, users can log Activities, such as Updates, Calls, Meetings, and Emails, along with notes from their customer interactions. For more information, refer << Use C360 Timeline and Activities >> TBA.