Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article is the third item in a series of Scorecard configuration articles. Gainsight recommends you to refer the initial articles of the series and then start with this article. This article explains all the options available to configure Scorecards.
Once you configure Measures and Grading scheme, you can create and configure Scorecards. A Scorecard consists of Measures, or Measures Groups, or a combination of both. You can include any of the Measures or Measure Groups created on the Measures tab, in your Scorecards. By default, an overall score is present for every Scorecard. The overall score can be auto calculated and depends on the individual Score of all the Measures, which are included in the Scorecards.
- You can create a Scorecard for a Company or a Relationship
- A Company Scorecard can only include those Measures and Measure Groups which were created for a Company; Similarly, Relationship Scorecards can include only Relationship Measures and Measure Groups.
- A Scorecard for a Company and relationship can have the same name, since they are created for different entities.
- You can create reports based on the Scorecard data.
To create a Scorecard:
- Navigate to Administration > Health Scoring > Scorecard. The Scorecard window is displayed.
- Click the SCORECARDS tab.
- Click + SCORECARD.
You must configure the following three sections in Scorecards.
- Applies to
In this section, perform the following tasks:
- Enter a name for the Scorecard, in the Scorecard name field.
- Select either Company or Relationship option in the Scorecard applies to field. You cannot modify the value in this field after you save the Scorecard.
- Select a scheme from the Scheme type drop-down menu. The available schemes are:
To learn more about Scorecard Schemes, refer the Configure Scorecard Schemes article.
- Select the Default Scorecard check box, to set this scorecard as the default Scorecard. The default Scorecard plays a crucial role while assigning Scorecards to Companies or Relationships. For more information on Default Scorecard and Scorecard assignment process, refer the Working with multiple Scorecards article.
- Select the Enable overall rollup check box, to ensure that the individual scores of each Measure (included in the Scorecard) are integrated to form an overall score for the Scorecard. The integration is performed based on the Weightage assigned to each Measure.
- Select the Enable group scores check box, to ensure that the individual scores of each Measure (included in the Group) are integrated to form an score for the Group. The integration is performed based on the Weightage assigned to each Measure.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Scorecard description field.
In this section, perform the following tasks:
- Drag and drop the required measures from the left pane.
- Click + GROUP to add a new group.
- Select a Measure Group from the list.
- Drag and drop the Measures which must be part of the Group.
The example Scorecard has one Measure called Customer Sentiment and a Measure Group called Support tickets. This group has two measures: JIRA tickets and Zendesk tickets.
Note: You can also directly drag and drop individual Measures into the Measure Groups and vice versa.
- (Optional) Click the T icon (help text) on the right corner of a Measure to configure the help text. You can configure help text for each Score Range. In the below image, help text is configured for the Customer Sentiment Measure.
The help text you configure here, appears on the Scorecard Mass Edit report, when you use the slider to modify the score for the Measure (Customer Sentiment).
- (Optional) Click the X icon on the right corner to remove the respective Measure from the Scorecard.
- Click WEIGHTS. The Configure Weights window is displayed.
- Enter the weight for each Measure in the Weights column. To learn more about configuring Weights, refer the Measure Weights article.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Click VALIDITY TYPE. The Validity Period window is displayed.
- Select the Validity Type and Validity Period for each Measure. Once the Validity period has passed, the Measure displays a stale score.
For example, if you set the Validity Period for 1 week on 1 Dec 2018. Your score is valid for 1 week till 7 dec 2018. However, if you modify the score on the 6th Dec 2018, the validity is extended for one more week, starting from 6th day. The new Validity Period would be 6 Dec 2018 - 12 Dec 2018. If you update the Score within the Validity Period (6-12 Dec), the Validity is extended by another week, starting on the date on which the Score was modified. This rule applies for other Validity Type also.
- Click EXCEPTIONS. The Configure Exceptions window is displayed.
- Configure the Exception as shown in the below image.
In this case, an Exception has been set such that, if Customer Sentiment measure’s score is greater than or equal to 79, Overall Score is also equal to 79, irrespective of Weightage configured. To learn more about Exceptions, refer the Exceptions in Scorecards article.
The Criteria section allows you to define various conditions. If a Company or a Relationship can satisfy these conditions, then this scorecard is applied to the respective Company or Relationship. The default Scorecard is not applicable to such Company or Relationship. You can add all the Company or Relationship fields as source for the criteria.
To configure a Criteria:
- Click + ADD CRITERIA.
- Form the required criteria by selecting the required fields and operators.
- (Optional) Click + ADD CRITERIA, to add more criteria.
- Click SAVE, to save the Scorecard.
A prompt box appears on the window. If you select the Yes option, the changes are applied immediately to the Company and Relationships. However, if you select No, the changes are applied when the Scorecard Resolver runs.
This Scorecard would now be applied to all the Companies with 10,000 or more employees.
The Scorecard Resolver executes at 23:59 hours, by default. You can change the execution time. Any modifications made to the Scorecard Criteria are applied when the Resolver runs.
To configure Scorecard Resolver:
- Click the Calendar icon.
- Change the time, if required.
- Click SAVE.
Scorecard Fact Object
The Scorecard Fact object creates new objects dynamically, whenever you create a new Scorecard. For instance, if your Scorecard name is Company Scorecard, a new object is created with the name Company Scorecard Fact. You can use this object to prepare scorecard reports.