Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
Data operations is an Administration page that helps Admins view, edit, and delete the existing records in the Gainsight standard objects Company and Relationship. It helps to view and delete the existing records from the custom objects. Admins can also add new records in the standard objects through this page. It is a channel through which Admins can insert or update data in the mentioned standard objects similar to the existing connectors, S3 Connector and Gainsight Bulk API.
You can just view and delete records in the custom objects from the Data Operations page but cannot edit or add new records.
Data Operations Screen
To visit the Data Operations page:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Operation.
- Select a Gainsight object, Company or Relationship, or any custom object.
Admins can see the following options in the Data Operation page:
- Select Object: Select the Gainsight object, Company or Relationship, or any custom object to view or edit the existing records and add new records.
- Total record count: Displays the total number of records existing in the object that you have selected.
- Delete: If you select the record(s) that you want to delete and click this button, the selected records will be deleted. For more information on this option, refer Deleting the existing records in an object section.
- Refresh: If you click this button, it reloads the page and displays the exact number of records available now.
- Manage Columns: This option helps you filter and display the records in the object as per your requirement. If you click this button, you can see all the fields available in the object to add fields, operators, and values based on your requirements. To apply the filters:
- Select a field in the object.
- Select an operator, greater or equal, greater than, less or equal, less than, etc.
- You can select the checkbox to include the null records while applying the filters.
- Click + ADD FILTER to add multiple filters. You can add operators like AND and OR between the filters while applying the filters. Applying filters will fetch the users list as per the requirement.
- Click the Delete button to remove the already applied filters.
- Click APPLY to apply the added filters, then the records are displayed as per the selected filters.
- When you click the Refresh button, the applied filters are removed and all records are shown in the Data Operation page.
- Filter Results: You can select the fields in the object that you want to display in the Data Operations screen. You can Check All, Uncheck All, or Apply the selected fields.
7. + RECORD: This option helps you add new records in the object. For more information, refer Adding a new record section.
Add a new record
To add a new record to the Gainsight standard object:
- Select the Gainsight standard object Company/Relationship.
- Click + RECORD. Add screen appears.
- Enter values in the standard and custom fields. You cannot enter values into the system fields.
Note: Entering a value in the Name field is mandatory.
View and Edit Existing Records in the Standard Objects
To view or edit the information in an existing record in an object:
- Select the Gainsight standard object Company/Relationship.
- Click the View or Edit button in a specific record. View or Edit screen appears.
- In the View screen, you can view all of the system, standard, and custom fields in the object.
- In the Edit screen, you can edit values in the standard and custom fields but you can only view values in the system fields in the object.
- To edit values in the standard or custom fields of a record, make the required changes in the Edit screen and click Update.
- To identify the system fields in an object:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Management > [Select any standard object mentioned above].
- Identify the system fields that have Data Editability value is No.
This section describes the process of deleting records in the Company, Relationship, or a Custom object from the Data Operations page.
- There is no way to recover the deleted record(s), so be sure before deleting the existing Company and Relationship records.
- Deleting the Relationship or Participant records will affect any associated Programs.
To delete an existing record in the Company or Relationship, or any custom object from the Data Operations page:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Operations.
- Select the Gainsight object, Company/Relationship or any custom object.
- Select the checkboxes of the records that you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete record icon in the page header. A message appears as displayed in the image below.
- Click hyperlink in the message to see object graph on the Company object. For more information on the Object Graph, refer Gainsight Data Management.
- Click CONFIRM to complete deleting the selected records.
Mass Delete Records
You can use the Mass Delete feature to delete up to 5000 records. This feature is useful when you need to delete bulk records.
- When you select the global check box, all the records (up to 5000) are selected which satisfy the applied filters (if any). If you have not applied any filters, all the records (up to 5000) are selected.
- Records are deleted in the order of their created dates. Old records are deleted first followed by the new ones.
- Cascade delete is honored while deleting records; the dependent record’s field value is set based on the value selected in the On Delete field.
- You must use the global check box to select all of the 5000 records. Once all of the records are selected, you can delete the records using the Delete icon.
To mass delete records:
- Navigate to Administration > Operations > Data Operations.
- Select the Company or Relationship, or any custom object from the Select Object dropdown.
Select the global check box. All the records displayed on the current page are selected and a message is displayed on the screen as shown below:
- Click the Select all N record(s) in Company hyperlink. This option selects all of the records which match the criteria and not just the records displayed on the current page.
Note: If you do not apply any filters, all the records in the Company Object are selected.
- Click Clear selection. This option selects all of the records that are displayed on the current page and not all of the records matching the criteria.
- Click the Delete icon. The Delete Record window is displayed.
- (Optional) Click the here hyperlink to view the Object Graph which displays dependent Objects on the selected object.
- Click CONFIRM to delete the selected records.