This article is the second in a series of Salesforce connector articles. Gainsight recommends you to first refer the initial articles and then proceed with this article.
This article explains how to establish a connection between Gainsight NXT and a Salesforce org. After reading this article, admins can connect Gainsight NXT to a Salesforce Sandbox org, Production org, or a custom domain.
A connection is a link between a Gainsight NXT tenant and a Salesforce org. You can create a connection either to your Salesforce Production org or Sandbox org. Salesforce Connector also allows you to create a connection to Salesforce org which is configured to a custom domain. After you establish a connection to your Salesforce org, you can authorize the connection and start syncing data from Salesforce to Gainsight NXT.
IMPORTANT: You can create only a single connection in Salesforce Connector. A connection can be associated to only a single Salesforce org. If your data resides in multiple Salesforce orgs, you must first delete an existing connection (after you sync the data) and then create a new connection.
This section describes the procedural steps involved in creating a connection between a Salesforce org and Gainsight NXT.
To create a connection:
- Navigate to Administration > Operations > Connectors 2.0.
- Click the Salesforce Connector widget.
- Click the Create Connection icon. The Add Connection Details dialog is displayed.
- Provide the following details:
- Name: In the Name field, enter a name for the connection.
- Salesforce Org Type: From the Salesforce Org Type drop-down menu, select the org type from the Salesforce Org type drop-down menu. The available org types are:
- Production: When you select this org type, the Authorization window navigates to the login.salesforce.com (if no custom domain is configured) for Authorization.
- Sandbox: When you select this org type, the Authorization window navigates to the test.salesforce.com (if no custom domain is configured) for Authorization.
- (Optional) Custom domain toggle: Switch on the Does Your Salesforce org have a custom domain. You can use this toggle to create a connection to Salesforce org with custom domain.
- (applicable only if the above sub step is executed) In the Enter Custom Domain field, enter the URL of your custom domain.
- Click CREATE.
- (Optional) Click the Edit Connection icon to edit various connection details like connection name, type of org, and Custom URL.
- (Applicable only if the above step is executed) Click SAVE.