Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains which business data is required to start using Gainsight NXT and different ingestion channels to load this data into Gainsight. To start using Gainsight, load your business data into the following objects in Gainsight:
- Gainsight users as active users and non-Gainsight users those who should receive Gainsight pages like Dashboards, 360 layouts as inactive users into the Gainsight User object.
- Company’s accounts data into Company object
- Company’s contacts into Person object model
- Details about your company’s Relationship entities into the Relationship object
- Any other business data into any specific Gainsight custom objects.
Following are the resources that help you learn the Gainsight core objects and their attributes, and different ingestion channels to load data into these objects:
- Gainsight Company Object
- Admin Configuration of Company object
- Gainsight User Object
- Gainsight Person Object Model
Following are the resources that help you learn about the ingestion channels to load data into Gainsight objects:
- Primarily, you can sync User, Account, Contact data from SFDC into Gainsight using Salesforce Connector. For more information on the configuration of Salesforce Connector, refer the Salesforce Connector article.
- (Optional) If required, you can load data into Gainsight Company and Relationship objects from the Data Operation page. For more information on this, refer the Data Operation article.
- (Optional) If required, you can load user data either through manually or using CSV file from the User Management page. For more information on this, refer the Adding Users from User Management article.
- (Optional) If required, you can bulk load Person records into Gainsight from the Person Admin page. For more information on this, refer the Uploading Person Records into Gainsight article.
To learn more on the Gainsight Data Architecture, refer the Gainsight Data Management article.