This article is the second in a series of Microsoft Dynamics 365 connector articles. Gainsight recommends you refer to the initial articles and then proceed with this article.
This article explains how to establish a connection between Gainsight NXT and a Dynamics CRM instance. After reading this article, admins can connect Gainsight NXT to a Dynamics CRM instance.
A connection is a link between a Gainsight NXT tenant and a Dynamics CRM instance. After you establish a connection to your Dynamics CRM instance, you can authorize the connection and start syncing data from Dynamics CRM to Gainsight NXT.
IMPORTANT: You can create only a single connection in Dynamics 365 Connector. A connection can be associated to only a single Dynamics CRM instance org.
This section describes the procedural steps involved in creating a connection between a Dynamics CRM instance and Gainsight NXT. You must give the Dynamics CRM URL in this section. However, the validation of the connection is done while authorizing the connection.
To create a connection:
- Navigate to Administration > Operations > Connectors 2.0.
- Click the Microsoft Dynamics 365 card.
- Click the Create Connection icon. The Add Connection Details dialog is displayed.
- Provide the following details:
- Enter a name for the connection in the Name field.
- Enter the URL of your Dynamics CRM. You cannot edit this field, once the connection is created.
- Dynamics CRM Connector Overview
- Authorize Connection
- Modify Out of the box Jobs
- Create Data Sync Jobs