IMPORTANT / PLEASE READ
Gainsight Release Notes Version 6.0 contains the following subsections:
- Notifications section describes important changes to the application that are implemented now or will be in the near future.
- Enhancements (per module) describe improvements made in the existing product capabilities.
- New Components which are introduced and modified in every release.
- Permission Sets section contains the list of the updated Gainsight and SFDC permission sets for several features in a release.
- New Features in Gainsight which may require the Admin to setup new processes or re-think existing processes.
- Issues Addressed section contains issues which are fixed in this release and also issues reported by customers.
See what's new in this release in this 6-minute release highlights video!
Gainsight PX (fka Aptrinsic)
With this release, we incorporate the new name and brand for Aptrinsic, ‘Gainsight PX’, into both product and documentation. Gainsight PX addresses the common challenges product leaders face by helping them make data-driven decisions, engage users directly within the product, and demonstrate the business impact of their investments.
Gainsight NXT is the next evolution of the Gainsight platform. For companies to maximize customer growth, they know they need a platform that:
Offers them complete control in order to map to both the speed and complexity of their business,
Can easily integrate with other systems to better understand customers and drive personalized engagement at scale
Provide every employee across their organization the context needed to make customers successful
…all delivered through a beautiful and snappy user experience.
To do that, we are investing in new platform technology that will keep the advantages of Gainsight’s architecture you’re familiar with, while delivering on these three benefits.
New Gainsight customers will begin implementing on NXT and can reference these release notes and support documentation. We will be helping customers upgrade to NXT when the timing is right for them, so stay tuned for more details.
With this release, Gainsight has optimized the Load to SFDC Action types. With this enhancement, you can now get faster results when you use the Load to SFDC Actions.
Success Snapshots 2.0
This feature enables admins to generate PowerPoint presentations with customer data and graphs from Gainsight, using your own customized presentation (business review deck) uploaded to the Success Snapshots 2.0 repository, which helps CSMs run their customer meetings (such as EBRs and QBRs).
Navigate to the Success Snapshots 2.0 page from Administration > Success Snapshots 2.0. Success Snapshots 2.0 is available for both Accounts and Relationships (if your org has configured Relationships in Gainsight). Once a Success Snapshot template is created and saved, CSMs will be able to export it from the C360 and R360 pages respectively.
- An earlier version of Success Snapshots is available in Administration, and both features can be used in parallel with each other. However, Gainsight strongly recommends using Success Snapshots 2.0 as the primary method for creating Success Snapshot templates.
To review your customer’s business during EBRs and QBRs, you may have your own customized business review deck, which is created outside of Gainsight. If you want to add any customer data, such as Gainsight Reports, Images, or Tokens, to your business review deck, Admins can create a Success Snapshot template within Gainsight. The previous version of Success Snapshots offered limited control over the template layouts and contents, which included 5 default template types. These limitations diminished the usefulness of Success Snapshots for CSMs. For example, slides could not accommodate a Report and a write-up in a single slide, as well as you were limited in your ability to include your branding.
To address the above issues, Gainsight's Success Snapshots feature has now been empowered to upload your customized business review presentations (pptx) to Gainsight’s Success Snapshots repository. Once the PPTX is uploaded, you can then insert the Gainsight data to the uploaded PPTX, according to your business needs.
Use Case: For instance, you may want to add a report from Gainsight to one of the slides in the business review PPTX and describe the report in the form of a story. You can achieve this by selecting an element or a placeholder in the required slide and replacing it with the required Report. Similarly, you can insert any kind of data like: an Image, Text or Tokens from Gainsight into the appropriate elements on the slide. Once admins configure the PPTX, CSMs can then export the Success Snapshot PPTX from the Export menu in the C360.
- To learn more about the benefits and use cases of this feature, refer to the Overview of Success Snapshots 2.0 article.
- To create a Success Snapshot template, admins must first upload the fully customized business review presentation (pptx) to Gainsight, and then setup one or more Success Snapshots. For more information on how to create a Success Snapshot, refer Configure Success Snapshots 2.0 Template.
- To export a Success Snapshot template from the C360 page for an individual customer, refer to Export Success Snapshots 2.0 Presentations.
Email to Timeline: Gainsight enables users to log customer communications as Timeline Activities using a unique inbound email address. Previously, CSMs had to copy and paste customer email content from their inbox to a Timeline activity. Now, using the unique inbound email address, CSMs can automatically log their customer emails to Timeline for accounts and relationships. This feature helps you record your history of significant interactions, so CSMs, Execs, and Sale reps, for example, can quickly get up to speed and understand the customer relationship by reviewing Timeline.
One of the benefits of using this feature is that you can use it with any email address (Outlook/Yahoo/Gmail/AOL!), as long as your Admin configures the relevant domain.
After Admins configure this feature from Administration > Email Configuration > INBOUND EMAILS tab (refer the image below) and add you to the list of users with access to the feature, you will receive a welcome email.
For more information about how admin can configure Inbound Emails, refer to the Configure Email to Timeline article. The welcome email contains a unique inbound email address which is automatically generated for each user.
For more information, refer to the Configure Email to Timeline and Log Customer Emails as Timeline Activities articles. We strongly recommend watching this 9-min. video before you start configuring Email to Timeline!
With Surveys, you can create highly customized surveys that capture customer insights and transform them into actionable next steps for your organization. You can easily create multi-page surveys with a variety of question types, including multiple choice, matrix, and a standard NPS question type. Surveys 2.0 gives admins the ability to design and distribute surveys in Gainsight without a dependency on SFDC sites or features.
Ability to migrate Surveys 2.0 surveys via X-ORG Migration: With this release, you can now migrate Surveys in Surveys 2.0 using X-org migration. For more information on how to migrate surveys, refer to Ability to Migrate Surveys 2.0.
Scorecards are the ultimate barometers of your customers’ health. They transform qualitative and quantitative metrics into customer health scores that can help inform your decision-making. Scorecards 2.0 provides a single place in Gainsight to configure and manage both Account and Relationship scorecards. Multiple scorecards enable you to have different scorecard configurations in Gainsight which can be applied to different Accounts/Relationships automatically, based on criteria like customer stage or lifecycle, etc.
Ability to Freeze First Column in Mass Edit Report built on Unified Fact Object: Previously, a Scorecard Mass Edit report built using Unified Fact Object as the source, did not support the freeze first column feature. However, with this enhancement you can now freeze the first column of a Mass Edit report, built on a Unified Fact object. Admins can include important fields like Company Name as the first column, and then scroll to the right and easily view various aspects of each Company in multiple columns. Admins need not scroll back and forth anymore.
For more information about using this enhancement refer to the Filter/Sort Mass Edit Report section of the Edit Scorecard 2.0 with Mass Edit Report article.
User Management allows an Admin to manage Gainsight users.
- Username field in the User Management page: After upgrading to Gainsight version V6.0, Admins must add unique values into the User::Username field in the User object while inserting new user records from the User Management page. User records in the User object are now uniquely identified with Username but not with Email anymore.
This option of adding values into the Username field from the User Management page is applicable to both the Manual and CSV upload options. While updating existing records in the User object, user records are now resolved with Usernames but not with Email values anymore. Username field is of data type Email and values in this field should always be suffixed with @example.com.
Enhancements in the User Management page:
To see enhancement while adding users manually from the User Management page:
- Navigate to Administration > User Management.
- Click +USER and then select MANUAL. Add User (MANUAL) page appears.
A new field named Username is displayed, as shown below, where you should enter values while adding a new user manually. You can even edit values in this field for the existing user records. For more information on how to add users, refer the section Manual Ingestion of User Information.
To see enhancements while adding users through CSV from the User Management page:
Prerequisite: Make sure that your CSV file has a header that contains Usernames of all the user records that you are going to insert or update.
- Navigate to Administration > User Management.
- Click +USER and then select CSV. Add User (CSV) page appears.
- Setup configuration in the UPLOAD CSV section.
- Click SHOW MAPPING. FIELD MAPPING section appears.
You can see the following enhancements:
- In the Field Mapping section, mapping Username from the source CSV header to the Username field is mandatory now.
- You cannot see the option to select Name and/or Email as Resolution Criteria as user records are now resolved with user names only. For more information on configurations in the User Management page, refer the section Ingestion of User Information through a CSV File.
- Email values may contain duplicates for the user records in Gainsight, but Username values should always be unique for a specific Org.
- For existing user records, Email value is now automatically populated in the Username field.
Gainsight Data Management
Gainsight administrators can create and manage the Gainsight Objects in the Data Management page. As an analogy, a Gainsight Object and its field(s) can be thought of as a database table and its columns.
Mass Delete Company/Relationship Records: Previously, you could only delete a maximum of 50 records (Company/Relationship) from the Data Operations page. With this release, you can now delete up to 5000 records (Company/Relationship) in a single delete operation, from the Data Operations page.
- When you select the global check box, all the records (up to 5000) are selected which satisfy the applied filters (if any). If you have not applied any filters, all the records (up to 5000) are selected.
- Records are deleted in the order of their created dates. Old records are deleted first followed by the new ones.
- Cascade delete is honored while deleting records; the dependent record’s field value is set based on the value selected in the On Delete field.
- You must use the global check box to select all of the 5000 records. Once all of the records are selected, you can delete the records using the Delete icon.
To use this enhancement:
- Navigate to Administration > Operations > Data Operation.
- Select the Company or Relationship object from the Standard Objects dropdown.
- (Optional) Click the Advance Filters icon and apply filter(s) as required.
In this example, all the Companies which are in Churn Stage are selected.
- Select the global check box. All the records displayed on the current page are selected and a message is displayed on the screen as shown below.
- Click the Select all N record(s) in Company hyperlink. This option selects all of the records which match the criteria and not just the records displayed on the current page.
Note: If you do not apply any filters, all the records in the Company Object are selected
- Click Clear selection. This option selects all of the records that are displayed on the current page and not all of the records matching the criteria.
- In this example, there are 59 Company records, and 55 records match the given criteria. When you click the Global check box, only the 50 records displayed on the page are selected.
If you click the Select all 55 record(s) in Company hyperlink, all of the 55 records matching the filter criteria are selected. If you click Clear selection, only 50 records which are displayed on the page are selected.
- Click the Delete icon. The Delete Record window is displayed.
- (Optional) Click the Click here hyperlink to view the Object Graph which displays dependent Objects for the selected object.
- Click CONFIRM to delete the selected records.
For more information on Mass delete records, refer to the Mass delete records section of the Data Operations page.
- Support for Japanese Yen Currency: With this release, Gainsight now supports storing currency values in the Japanese Yen format. The currency code is JPY. You can now create custom fields of data type Currency with the Japanese Yen (JPY) currency code and perform various business transactions in Yen currency. To use this enhancement:
- Navigate to Administration > Operations > Data Management. The Gainsight Data Objects window is displayed.
- Select any standard or custom object.
- Click ADD FIELD. A New Object Field window is displayed.
- Select Currency as the Data type field.
- Type Yen in the Currency code field and select Japanese Yen (JPY) option.
X-org is a tool which is used to migrate data from a source org to a target org (for example, sandbox to production org).
Ability to Migrate Surveys 2.0: With this release, Gainsight now supports the migration of Surveys 2.0. Survey and Surveys 2.0 are listed as assets on the migration page. You can choose Survey 2.0 as the asset to be migrated and then select the required Surveys to be migrated. Surveys are migrated to a Draft status in the target org, regardless of their distribution status in the source org. When you migrate a survey, its associated analytical attributes and Permission attributes are not migrated.
Unique Name Constraint
With X-Org support, Gainsight now mandates you to use unique names for Surveys across Account and Relationship entities. No two surveys with the same entity type can have the same name. However a survey with the Account entity type can have the same name as a survey with the Relationship entity type, and vice versa
When you migrate Survey 2.0, the following dependencies are also auto-migrated:
- Entity level dependencies will be migrated to destination org. For example , if a survey is created for a relationship type and the corresponding Relationship type is not present in target org, the dependencies are also migrated.
- Language Level dependencies
- Dependent objects for transactional surveys.
- Title, Languages, and Logo.
- Thank you message: custom messages, custom pages for Thank you messages, and redirection URL.
- Header and Footer messages.
- All questions including pages, section and all DISPLAY and SKIP logic rules.
Note: If any logic rules contain custom field attributes based on the company, company person, and relationship person objects; and those fields are not available in the destination org, then the rules will not be migrated.
- Associated Objects are not auto migrated. However, if the corresponding associated object already exists in the target org, it is auto mapped (both SFDC and MDA objects). If the corresponding object does not exist, associated object field of the Survey is set to null, in the target org.
- Relationship Types are not auto-migrated for Relationship Type Surveys, if the target org does not have a Relationship type with the same name.
- Logic rule conditions configured to lookup Company or User object are not auto-migrated. An entry for this will be documented in the migration logs.
- Logic rules with matching picklists (based on name) are auto-mapped. However, if a picklist with same name and category is not found in the target org, the picklist is removed from the rule. An entry for this will be documented in the migration logs.
- The Survey questions which are linked to a Question Library in the source org, will not retain the link after migration.
For a detailed step by step migration process, refer to Migrate Surveys 2.0 with X-Org.
- Ability to Migrate Standard Picklists: Previously, Gainsight supported the migration of only custom Picklists. However, with this release you can now migrate Standard Picklists, using the X-Org Migration tool. Using this enhancement, you can migrate both single select and multi select picklists.
With Success plans, you can capture, track activity and share progress on your customers’ key goals using Objective CTAs and their associated Tasks. Admins can create Templates for Success Plans to ensure a consistent approach to developing customer goals.
Success Plan Sharing: With this release, admins can now configure a Success Plan for sharing by CSMs. Success Plans can be shared by CSMs with internal users or external contacts via email.
Sally in Gainsight Application
Sally, the AI-powered bot, makes rich Gainsight data easily accessible through simple conversation. Asking Sally questions is just like asking a real person, and machine-learning technology helps Sally get smarter with each interaction. Not only can Sally provide answers to a diverse set of questions about your customers, Sally can also update customer data, provide information on health scoring, current risks, and opportunities. Your company can quickly collaborate on the latest customer intelligence to more rapidly deliver customer outcomes across all parts of your organization. For more information on In-App Sally, click here.
Summary Intent support in In-App Sally: Previously, In-App Sally did not support the Summary intent. However, with this release you can now use the Summary intent, from the Select a Suggestion dropdown list, to view the summary details of the company.
Activities details support in In-App Sally: Previously, In-App Sally did not support the activities intent for Timeline. However, with this release you can view the recent activities of any company by specifying ‘Activities for <<Company>>’. Also, you can navigate to the Timeline page of that company, by clicking the Navigate to Timeline option. For example, specify ‘Activities for Wallys World’ in the Ask Sally section, to view the recent activities of the Wallys World.
Note: This intent is not yet available in the Select a Suggestion dropdown list.
Components Introduced and Modified in 6.0 Release
With this release, Gainsight has introduced the Successnapshot.page. Admins can use this page to generate PowerPoint presentations with customer data and graphs from Gainsight, using their own customized presentation (business review deck) uploaded to the Success Snapshots 2.0 repository, which helps CSMs run their customer meetings (such as EBRs and QBRs).
Permission Sets Added/Updated in 6.0 Release
With every new release, the Gainsight and SFDC permission sets are updated for several features to give access to new objects, fields, apex classes, and visualforce pages. In this release, Gainsight has the following Permission sets added or updated.
|Gainsight Admin||Gainsight Standard||Gainsight Special||Gainsight Limited||Gainsight Viewer|
Empty Dialog box on Rule Preview page: Previously, when you navigated to the Preview page of a rule, an empty dialog box popped up and blocked your access to the Rule Preview page. This issue is now resolved and you can now view the Rule Preview page without any blockers.
Error occurs when reporting on User Object: Previously, when you try building a report on MDA User object and apply filter operators other than = and !=, the system doesn't allow you to run the report and throws the following error message “Error occurred while fetching data from external service”. This issue has been resolved now.
GS Home with Salesforce lightning view unable to change the dashboard: Previously, in Salesforce Lightning view, when you create a custom app and add Gainsight tab to it, you will not be able to switch between the dashboards on Gainsight Home. This issue is resolved and you will now be able to switch between the dashboards.
Note: You will continue to see this issue, if you have bookmarked the Gainsight tab added to the custom app. To resolve this issue, remove the bookmark and create a new one, as the URL is changed now.
Boolean field in Group By displays nulls for false values: Previously, when you create a report with a Boolean field in Group By and summarize the date field by month, the Boolean was displaying nulls for false values. This issue has been resolved, and you will see the values as expected.
Formatting issue on pie charts which are exported as image: Previously, when you export a Pie chart as image from Gainsight Home Dashboards, the chart legend at the top overlaps the Report Name. This formatting issue is now fixed, and you can see the chart legends arranged in a proper format.
Dashboard displays Account fields on report filter where the report is on Data space from Customer info object: Previously, when you create a report using the data space which is built on Customer Info object, which doesn’t contain a single field from Account Object, and add it to the dashboard, and then try applying the report filters to the same dashboard on Gainsight Home page, you will see the fields from the Account Object, which is not the expected behaviour, and when you try selecting a field, the system throws an error. This issue is now resolved and you will not see any fields from Account object, when you apply report filters.
Workaround for the existing reports: For the existing reports in your org, where the report filters are already applied, you will continue to see the error message. To resolve this issue, clear all the applied filters or re-add the report to the dashboards.
Report builder repository loads only 20 reports and scroll bar is not being shown in higher resolution (2560 x 1440): Previously, on high resolution screens, the report repository page displayed only 20 reports and didn’t show up the scroll bar to view all the reports. This issue is fixed and you can now view all the reports by scrolling down.
Date field gets converted from DDMMYYYY to MMDDYYYY while report exports: Previously, when you export a CSV report which has more than 20k records, the date format after 20k records gets converted from DDMMYYYY to MMDDYYYY. This issue has been resolved and you can now view the correct date format.
Reports display irrelevant character when GSID is used in report exports: Previously, when you export a report which has GSID fields in it, the header of the GSID field in the exported CSV shows irrelevant characters. This issue has been resolved and you can now view the GSID fields as expected.
Unable to view emails through Email Assist: Previously, Email assist did not allow the users to view the emails when there are attachments in it. This issue has been resolved now.
Unable to view Scores for Relationships in Mass Edit Report: Previously, a Mass Edit Report generated on Relationship Scorecards did not display some Relationships even if a Score was assigned to them. This issue is now resolved and you can now view all the Relationships which have a score, in the Mass Edit report.
Incorrect Data in Mass Edit Report after using Overall Score: Previously, when you created a Mass Edit Report and added the Overall Score to the Show me section, data in all the Measures was displayed as NA, for a Mass Edit Report generated on Scorecard Fact Object. A Mass Edit Report generated on Unified Fact Object displayed all Measures and Overall Score as NA when you added the Overall Score to the Show me section. This issue is now resolved and you can view correct scores of all Measures after adding the Overall Score to the Show me section.
Unable to Create Reports on Relationship Scorecards: Previously, when you created a report on Relationship Scorecard fact Object, an error message was displayed and you you could not view the required data in reports. This issue is now resolved and you can now view Relationship Scorecard data in Reports.
Incorrect Data in Unified Fact Mass Edit Report after using Calculated Fields: Previously, when you used a calculated field in the Show me section of a Mass Edit report built on Unified Fact Object, the report did not display any data. This issue is now resolved and you can now view relevant data in Scorecard Mass Edit Report after using calculated fields in the Show me section.
Unable to Export Scorecard Mass Edit report as a CSV file: Previously, when you attempted to export a Mass Edit report as a CSV file, the export failed and you received an email notification to confirm the export failure. This issue is now resolved and you can now export Scorecard Mass Edit reports in CSV format.
Clicking “Next” navigates to middle of Survey Response page: Previously, when clicking “Next” to navigate to the next page of a multi-page survey, the Survey Response page would load, but it would land on the middle of the page, instead of the top of the page as expected. This issue is now resolved, and clicking “Next” navigates to the top of a the correct Survey Response page as expected.
Distribution count discrepancy for response rate: Under the NPS tab, the distribution count for response rate by customers and response rate by users previously displayed a data discrepancy. The distribution count displayed N/A for customers, and an incorrect value for users. This issue has now been resolved, and the value for both distribution counts is displaying correctly as expected.
Survey Settings under Languages displays error: When clicking on Survey Settings under Language configuration in Salesforce Lightning view, the following error message would previously display, "The name can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must begin with a letter and be unique, and must not include spaces, end with an underscore, or contain two consecutive underscores." This issue has been resolved, and the Survey Settings page displays as expected.
“Submitted by” name value displays incorrectly in C360 page: Previously, the name value for the “submitted by” field displayed incorrectly under the Survey section of the C360 page. This issue only occurred in Salesforce Lightning view. This issue has now been resolved, and the name value displays correctly on the C360 page regardless of the Salesforce view.
X-org migration tool does not migrate expected survey elements: Previously, when migrating surveys using the x-org migration tool, several items did not migrate as expected. These items include survey logo, the survey background color checkbox setting, and the hide publish date checkbox setting. These issues have now been resolved, and these items migrate with surveys as expected.
Shared 360 link not working in Email Template: Previously, adding both a Shared 360 layout and a report placeholder to an email template would cause the 360 link to not work after the email template was delivered. This issue has been resolved, and Shared 360 links are clickable as expected.
Incorrect dates display on Program Analytics: The date values under the page Journey Orchestrator > Program Analytics previously displayed as the DD/MM format, even when the MM/DD format was selected. This issue was caused by a conflict with User Locale settings. The conflict has now been resolved, and dates on the Program Analytics page now display in the selected format as expected.
Special Characters like Slash (/) not Retrieving Data: Previously, when the customers try to find a relationship having a special character like slash (/), it could not find any results. This issue is now resolved, and all the records are retrieved even if you use special characters in Sally.
Sally is not Finding Companies without Full Names: Previously, when the customers try to find a company with short names, it could not find any related results with the specified name. This issue is now resolved, and all the records are retrieved even if you do not use full name of the company.
Sally User Sync Created Duplicate Users: Previously, when you granted Sally access to users, Gainsight created an additional record of the user. This resulted in duplicate user records in the User management page. This issue is now resolved and duplicate users are not created when you grant Sally access to an user.