This article is the third in a series of Salesforce connector articles. Gainsight recommends you refer to the initial articles and then proceed with this article.
This article explains how to authorize Gainsight to access a Salesforce org. After reading this article, admins can perform the required setup to authorize Gainsight with a Salesforce org.
After you establish a connection between a Salesforce org and Gainsight, you must authorize the connection. When you authorize Gainsight with a Salesforce org:
- Gainsight has the required permissions to access your Salesforce data.
- You can use Salesforce data in Gainsight modules like Rules Engine and Reporting.
Gainsight NXT uses the Open Authorisation (OAuth) protocol to perform the Authorization.
IMPORTANT: Once you authorize a connection with a particular Salesforce org, you cannot re-authorize your connection with any other Salesforce orgs.
This section describes the procedural steps involved in authorising Gainsight NXT connection.
To authorize Gainsight NXT connection:
- Navigate to Administration > Connectors 2.0 > CONNECTORS tab.
- Create a connection to Salesforce org.
- Click the authorize Connection icon. The Salesforce Authorisation window is displayed.
- Enter the following details:
- In the Username field, enter your Salesforce account username.
- In the Password field, enter your Salesforce account password.
- Click Log In.
IMPORTANT: You must provide the credentials of a Salesforce user who is associated with the org in which a Salesforce Connector is being used.
- Click Allow in the Salesforce confirmation dialog.
Once you authorize the connection, configure your connection with the following options as required:
- Create Job: You can use this option to create new data ingest jobs.
- Revoke Connection: You can use this option to revoke your connection to your Salesforce org. When you revoke your connection, Gainsight does not have permissions to access your Salesforce org and hence none data sync job can be executed.
- Re-Authorize Connection: If you have changed the password of your Salesforce org, you can use this option to provide the new set of credentials.
- Configure Company Resolution: By default, this option maps Account ID field with Salesforce to SFDC Account ID field in Gainsight NXT. You can modify the mapping, if required. Widgets use this mapping to map SFDC Account with Gainsight Company.
Out of the Box Jobs
When you authorize your connection, six data sync jobs are automatically created. They are:
- Picklist Sync job: This job syncs data from SFDC picklist to Gainsight drop-down lists.
- User Sync job: This job syncs data from the Salesforce User object to the Gainsight User object. User sync is primarily required to grant Salesforce users access to Gainsight.
- Company Sync job: This job syncs data from the Salesforce Account Object to the Gainsight Company Object.
- Company Person Sync job: This job syncs data from the Salesforce Contact Object to the Gainsight Person model.
- Relationship Type Sync job: This job syncs data from the Salesforce Relationship Type Object to the Gainsight Relationship Type Object.
- Relationship Sync job: This job syncs data from the Salesforce Relationship Object to the Gainsight Relationship Object.
To view the out of the box jobs, click the DATA JOBS tab.
To learn more about the Out of the box data sync jobs, refer to the Out of the Box jobs article. Apart from these out of the box data sync jobs, you can create and configure additional custom data sync jobs. To learn more about creating data sync jobs, refer to the Create Data Sync Job article.