Major enhancements include:
- Custom Cockpit List Views: users can save their favorite filtered views of CTAs in Cockpit
- Survey Links: Survey and CoPilot enhancements make it easier to close the transactional survey feedback loop
- Custom C360 page layouts: configure up to 11 different C360 page layouts and apply them to different Accounts and for different Users
- Customer360 Timeline (Beta): users can log updates, calls, meetings, or emails in the form of an activity on the new C360 Timeline page
- Report Builder improvements including Freeze First Column in tabular reports, filter by current user and other users, and export reports built with Data Spaces into PPTs
- CoPilot Power Lists and Outreach creation for internal SFDC users; as well as CSV file import of emails ID’s into Power Lists
- Gainsight Connect (Beta) for importing SFDC data into standard MDA objects from Account/Customer Info, Company, Relationships, and User
- Export a snapshot of your Gainsight configuration, including Rules and Objects
- PGP encryption is now available for the S3 Connector
- Account Hierarchy improvements: new aggregation options, sorting and filtering options, and better viewing experience
- CS360 Timeline (Beta): from the Timeline view, users can log Activities, such as Updates, Calls, Meetings, and Emails, along with notes from their customer interactions. For more information, refer to Configure C360 Timeline View and Use CS360 Timeline.
- Create Custom CS360 Layouts for different Accounts and Users. CS360 Sections is now renamed CS360 Layouts. Admins can now create up to 11 custom CS360 layouts for different Accounts and different Users. For more information, refer to Configure Custom CS360 Layouts.
- Count of relationships for each relationship type: The Type drop-down list on the C360 > Relationships page now displays the number of relationships present for each relationship type.
- Better user experience for the Account Hierarchy section. At C360 Details > Account Hierarchy, you can now:
- scroll horizontally in the Account Hierarchy, while the Account Name column is now frozen.
- drag column borders.
- Sum, Max, Min, and Avg aggregation types are now available for Account Hierarchy: For numeric fields, you can now select Aggregation type as Sum, Max, Min, or Avg at Administration > General > Account Hierarchy. The aggregation type selected is applied during roll-ups. The output of the numeric columns can be seen at C360 Details > Account Hierarchy.
- Sort and filter column values in the Account Hierarchy section: You can now filter and sort column values at C360 Details > Account Hierarchy.
- Export a snapshot of your current Gainsight configuration as an Excel worksheet at Administration > General > Config Snapshot. The export includes lists of objects, fields, and Relationship Types and Rules. For information, refer to Gainsight Config Snapshot.
Note: The 360 view of a relationship (Fields, Sections, and Linked Object associated with relationships 360 view) cannot be exported in the Excel sheet.
- Ability to delete Relationship Scorecard measure in spite of it being used in multiple places: You can now delete a Relationship Scorecard measure at Administration > Health Scoring > Relationship Scorecards > MEASURES. The following message appears when you are about to delete a scorecard measure that has been used in multiple places. In addition, the deleted measure is automatically removed from scorecards, if present.
Note: Reports and Rules where the scorecard measure was present have to be edited and saved again to reflect the change.
- Scorecard Group is no longer mandatory for adding measures. You can configure a scorecard without creating groups for measures.
- Tooltip is now available for scorecard history in the CS360 Details > Scorecard section. A tooltip is introduced for scorecard history that displays Date, Label, and Score.
- Currency and Percentage data types are supported. While creating an object field, you can now use Currency and Percentage data types at Administration > Operations > Data Management.
- For Currency Data Type:
- The help icon for Currency Code that appears when the Currency data type is selected displays the currencies supported.
- You can enter a number, number with thousand separator, number with currency symbol appended, or number with currency code appended. For example, 1000, $1000, 100,000, or USD1000.
- If the data includes currency symbol/currency code, such as "USD 100", "$ 100", "100 USD", or "100 $", there should not be any space before or after the currency symbol or code.
- Only thousand separator comma is supported. For example, 100,000.
- If the data includes a thousand separator; for example, 10,324,342, the data should be enclosed within double quotation marks ("10,324,342"). Otherwise, it will be considered as data for the next columns.
- The following table describes how the currency numbers are stored in various areas of Gainsight:
|Currency type at Object
|Data Ingest Format||MDA storage format||Format in Reporting||Format in Formula Fields|
- For Percentage Data Type:
- You can enter values with a percentage symbol. For example, 10%.
- You can enter 0.1 as a value that will be automatically calculated as 10%.
- You can enter percentage values with decimals. For example, 98.33%.
- The following table describes how the percentage numbers are stored in various areas of Gainsight:
|Data Ingest Format||Format in MDA Storage||Format in Reporting||Formula in Formula Fields|
- For Percentage and Currency Data Types:
- Formula Support: In the current release, formulas are not supported via Formula Builder; to set the formula support, contact Gainsight Support.
- Report Filters: To search for a specific value in the report, use only the number. For example, to search for $10, enter 10. Similarly, you can follow the same procedure for number or percentage data type.
- Usage in CoPilot: If the user is using a percentage value in the Email Template as a token, and the record value is 12, the % symbol will not automatically appear in the email. For example, you must add the percentage symbol (<token> %) after the token in the email body for the email to display as 12%. However, for currency, you must add the symbol before the token ($<token>).
- Delete a custom object from Gainsight Data Management that has no dependencies. You can now delete a custom object from data management at Administration > Operations > Data Management > All Objects > [Click an existing custom object] if the object has no dependencies. If there are any dependencies, you will have to delete the dependencies to delete the custom object.
- Object dependencies now include Power Lists, Email Template, and target objects of Rules, and Mixpanel 2.0. CoPilot is now separated into Power Lists and Email Templates. These new sections will display if there are dependencies for the MDA object selected. In addition, the target (custom) objects of Rules Engine and Mixpanel 2.0 will also be shown as a dependency under Rules at Administration > Operations > Data Management > All Objects > [Click an existing custom object] > Dependencies.
Note: Target object is the object where data gets populated after the rule is executed.
- Field Name can now be used in a formula field or curl command. The Field Name of an MDA object available at Administration > Operations > Data Management can now be used while building a formula and in curl commands.
The following image describes how a Field Name appears while building a formula.
The following image describes how Field Names appear when a curl command is generated.
Note: Earlier we used the Db Name for generating curl commands.
- Improved data type mapping options. While creating an MDA lookup field at Administration > Operations > Data Management > All Objects > [Click an existing custom object] > [Add a lookup field], you can now map the fields with the data types shown in the below table. Earlier you could only map String with String, SFDCID with SFDCID, and Email with Email.
Note: Lookup is unavailable on number and date fields.
|Source field data type||Join field data type|
MDA Standard Objects
- MDA Standard Objects are introduced. In the current release, MDA standard objects are created only when a request is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. MDA standard objects include Picklist, User, Company, Relationship Type, and Relationship. You can import data in these objects using Gainsight Connect only.
- The following table describes the Schema and Data editability for Standard objects and fields.
|Column 1||Schema Editability?||Data Editability?|
Dropdown List data type introduced in MDA. Right now this data type is available only for standard fields, and you can use those fields in Report Builder. The following image describes the Company object where values from the Stage field of the Dropdown List data type are displayed.
Gainsight Connect (Beta)
- Gainsight Connect helps you import SFDC data into MDA standard objects from Account/Customer Info, Company, Relationships, and User. This is enabled only when MDA Standard objects are created. In the current release, MDA standard objects are created only when a request is submitted to email@example.com. MDA standard objects are Picklist, User, Company, Relationship Type, and Relationship. For more information, refer to Gainsight Connect.
- If you would like to participate in the Beta, please contact Gainsight support.
- This feature is accessible only when Gainsight Support creates MDA standard objects for you.
- Picklist object in MDA is a consolidation of SFDC’s Picklist object and picklist data type.
- PGP encryption is now available for the S3 Connector. You can now upload an encrypted file in the S3 Connector at Administration > Data Management > Operations > Connectors > S3 Connector > [Click an existing data ingest job].
Note: If you are unable to see Key Encryption, contact Gainsight Support.
Recommended/Verified GPG tools to encrypt file. The process also involves Gainsight providing clients with a Public Key to encrypt files.
Also, if the Write to error folder check box is selected, it will write the failed records to the error folder in plain text (folder specified in the Failed field). Otherwise, the failed records will not be written to the error folder.
- New mappings for Mixpanel 2.0 data types. You can now map the following Mixpanel 2.0 data types with Matrix Data - Object data types at Administration > Operations > Connectors 2.0 BETA > DATA JOBS > [Click an existing data job] > Map Metadata > Events Mapping:
- Map string with sfdcid, email, percentage, currency, or string data types.
- Map number with Number, Currency and Percentage.
- Data anomalies now displays a report called Invalid Account Lookup Keys. You now get a pre-built report with anomalies in the Account ID lookup at Administration > Operations > Connectors 2.0 BETA > DATA JOBS > [Click an existing data job] > Review Data Imported & Reports > [Click the Data Anomalies link].
- Rules metadata will be migrated to MDA. AutomatedAlertRules__c and ActionTemplates__c objects will no longer be used for storing rule definitions. All rule definitions will be migrated to MDA. If you are using these objects in any form, such as reporting, please get in touch with Gainsight Customer Support.
Note: This change will not have any impact on existing rules. You will be impacted only if you have a report configured, or a workflow configured using these objects.
- Wrap text in tabular reports: In Gainsight dashboards, an option to Wrap Lines in Tabular reports is provided. If this option is enabled, the text will wrap based on column size when dragged or resized. This feature works in Gainsight homepage dashboards and in reports exported to Excel.
- Summarize the report by Day: For a time-grouped report, you can now summarize by Day. Previously you could summarize by week, month, quarter, and year. This option will be available if you have one field in Show me and one field in the By section. Also, the By field must be a date-related field.
- Filter by Current User or Other Users: In Report Builder, when you filter on user fields, you can now select current user and other users. Current user is the logged in user and other users refers to the rest of the users in your organization. You will be able to see these options in objects related to users. For example, Created by ID(Salesforce), ID, Name, Email(MDA), and so on.
It is a prerequisite that any MDA object field needs to be mapped to one of the SFDC fields available in Data Management to recognize them as User fields. If the “Current user” needs to work on User name, then it needs to be mapped to User Name (as shown in the below image).
Once SFDC Mapping is setup, then the Report Builder recognizes the corresponding field and provides the filtering mechanism (as shown in the following image) accordingly.
- Support for HTML tags: HTML tags (div, p, br, and so on) are supported in new line formatting when you export a report to CSV or Excel.
- Support for Currency and Percentage symbols: Currency and Percentage symbols are now supported in the Report Builder and also when you export the report to PowerPoint. These symbols will appear in headers when you export to CSV/Excel.
- Export reports created using a Data Space: From dashboards, you can export a report created from a Data Space to PowerPoint. Previously, when you exported a report along with other reports created out of MDA or SFDC objects, the Data Space report was skipped in the PowerPoint.
- Freeze first column in Report Builder > Settings > Table Options. In the Report Builder, the first column in a tabular report can be frozen, using the option Freeze First Column option. This feature is helpful when you have a lot of fields in the Show me section, and while you scroll to the right to view all of the columns in the report, you want the first column to remain visible.
- Show Relationship Milestones in Report Builder: Milestones created for a Relationship can be viewed in the Report Builder. You can view milestones in the report builder if the following criteria is met:
To enable the Show Milestone option:
- Navigate to Administration > Report Builder > [click edit on the relevant report].
- Select a base object.
- In the Show me section, select your required fields.
- In the By section, select a Date field. This step is mandatory to view the milestones. Alternatively, you can use the Summarized By option on the date field.
- Add Relationship ID to the filter criteria.
- Navigate to the report in the relevant R360 section. Users will be able to see a new option called Show Milestone.
- Set the Show Milestone switch to ON.
- Extended support of standard filters to all operators. In reports created from MDA objects, standard filters such as 'Last 7 days', ‘Last 30 days’, and so on are extended to all the operators(<, >, <=, >=). Previously, these filters were available only for equals (=) and not equals(!=), but now we have extended support to all the operators in the filter area.
- Send CoPilot Emails to Internal Salesforce Users. You can now create Power Lists, Email Templates, and Outreaches specifically for internal Salesforce users, by selecting the User object directly in the Power List configuration. You can also sort by User in CoPilot Analytics. For more information, see Send Outreaches to Internal SFDC Users.
- Create Power List by importing CSV file of SFDC IDs or Email addresses. In the CoPilot > Power List page, you can import SFDC IDs or Emails addresses from a CSV file directly. For this strategy, you must select Contact as the source object. This option is helpful in situations where you have a list of contacts’ email addresses and there’s no way to filter for them in SFDC or Gainsight, such as a list of webinar attendees. Your CSV file must contain the Contact IDs (Salesforce) and/or the associated email addresses. For more information, see Create Power List from CSV.
- Improved email soft and hard bounce and blacklist management. In Administration > Email Configuration page, when you validate an email, the reason for blacklisting an email is shown. In addition, soft bounces will no longer be blacklisted, and we will retroactively remove emails that were blacklisted due to soft bounce. Distinction between hard bounce and soft bounce is clearly labeled in the Email logs. You can identify a hard/soft bounce using either of the following methods:
- From Report Builder, use the Email Logs or Email Raw Events objects.
- Administration > Email Configuration > Email Validator, enter an email address to see their status.
- Schedule an Outreach on the 'Last day of the month'. While setting up a recurring Outreach, a new option to schedule an Outreach on the ‘Last’ day of every month is introduced.
- New Power List sorting options. New sorting options are added to the Power Lists page. You can sort the list using:
- Last Modified Date
- Last Modified By Name
- #Contacts (number of contacts): this option sorts the list by the number of contacts in the Power List.
- Sort Ascending/Descending: In addition to the above sorting options, you can use the Sort Ascending or Sort Descending option to further sort the list.
- Filter Power Lists by strategy: You can now filter the power lists by their strategy. A new filter PowerList Type is introduced in the Power Lists page that filters by Account, Users, Relationships, and so on.
- Survey Links allow you to associate objects with Surveys to better support closing the Survey Feedback Loop. This allows Admins to associate an SFDC/MDA object with a transactional survey. For example, if a survey was sent on case closure earlier, Gainsight did not have any reference to the case on which the survey was sent and responded. For more information, see the Close Survey Feedback Loop with CoPilot article.
Note: If you want to use this feature for existing surveys which are published, you must re-configure (re-save) the associated email templates and outreaches.
- Surveys allows for more labels to be translated into other languages. Admins can provide translations for the Reset, Select one, This is a mandatory question, and Please choose rating labels in the survey.
To add a language for these labels:
- Navigate to Administration > Communication > Languages.
- Click +ADD LANGUAGE and enter the language name and code.
- Click the save icon.
- Click Survey Settings. The Translate Survey Settings window is displayed. Enter the translated text labels.
- In the survey, survey respondents can hover on the Reset icon to see the message in their selected language, and the label Select Language will change based on their selected language.
- Create internal survey questions for CSMs to submit responses. Internal questions will not be visible in the survey for end users. Only users who have the View Response permission in Survey Permissions, will be able to view and submit responses to internal questions. In Administration > Communication > Survey, when you click +Q (as shown in the following image), a separate section is displayed where you can select the Mark as Internal check box.
For more information, see Create Internal Survey Questions article.
- Create Custom Views in Cockpit. Users can now save Cockpit filter conditions as a private view. The new custom view can be modified, as well as re-named.
Users can also add up to two Account or Relationship fields to the Cockpit List View using List View Configuration in the filter area. The newly added list view columns override the default ASV and Renewal Date fields.
Note: 'Apply' does not save the custom view; it just applies the filters on the existing view for your current session. If you are in My CTAs or All CTAs, you have the option to save as new or apply. For more information, refer to the Create Custom Views in Cockpit article.
- Auto assign manual CTAs and Tasks: In Cockpit > [click +CTA] > CTA details, the Owner field reflects the logged-in user’s name by default. Users can also change the owner’s name manually.
In addition, the Due Date field now shows today’s date by default when users are creating a new CTA. For more information, refer to the Create Manual Calls to Action (CTAs) & Tasks article.
- Ability to mark CTA fields as mandatory: Admins can mark fields in CTAs as mandatory for users to complete before closing CTAs. If a required field is incomplete, an error message appears when the user tries to close the CTA. The mandatory field check will be applied retroactively to any existing CTAs when the user closes the CTA.
To mark a field as Mandatory:
- Navigate to Administration > Workflow > Calls to Actions > Detail view layout configuration > any tab.
- Select the Mandatory check box next to a field. When users try to close CTAs/tasks without completing mandatory fields, the following error message is displayed, along with an exclamation symbol beside the name of the CTA.
Note: The Mandatory check box is inactive for the fields which are predefined as Read Only.
- Ability to link Case object to the CTA: Admins can now link the case object to CTAs, along with other objects. Linking the case object allows end-users to connect a CTA to an existing case, or to create a case directly from the CTA detail view.
- Navigate to Administration > Workflow > Call to Actions (workflow) > General settings as shown in the following image.
- In the Linked object field, select the Case object that creates a field on CTA to store the particular linked object record reference.
Note: In the Linked object field, you can scroll to select the object, or you can start typing the text to see the available objects that start with or contain the same text.
When you select the Case object, it will be added as a separate tab in the Detail view layout configuration section as shown in the following image.
Here, you can add fields or create Groups by clicking +FIELD or +GROUP. These fields will appear in the CTA Detail view under the CTA type that you select.
- Click SAVE.
Note: If you click X as indicated in the image under step 2, the object will be de-linked from CTAs. However, the field will not be deleted. You can delete the field from object setup in Salesforce.
Users will see +Create New and +Link to an existing options available in the CTA Detail View for the linked case object as shown in the following image.
- The Post update to chatter and/or comments options are now separated. In Administration > Operations > Rules Engine > [edit rule that includes create Call to Action] > Setup Action page, the following two options are now available:
- Post update to chatter
- Post update to comments
Note: Both the options have Once, Never, and Always as the possible values in the drop-down list. You can now set different values for each of the options. For example, you can set Post update to Chatter to Always and Post update as Comments to Never. Once the CTA closes out, that chatter conversation essentially goes away.
- You can now open the Cockpit-CTA detail view, Cockpit-Operational Reports, NPS Feed, NPS By Survey, NPS By Customer, Survey Analyse Chart Component Detail hyperlinks as primary Console tabs when you access Gainsight from inside the Console App. When you click any of these hyperlinks from the specific tabs, it opens in the same primary tab instead of opening in a new page altogether. It reduces the number of web pages and makes it more organized for the end users.
You can see different Gainsight navigation items available in the Cases drop-down list as shown in the following image.
In Setup > Build > Create > Apps > Console App > [click Edit] > Choose Navigation tab items, you can select the tabs from the Available items to add or remove as shown in the following image.
Note: If a C360 page for a customer is already open as a primary tab inside the Console App, you will be navigated to the existing primary tab if you try to open the C360 page from another tab, and it will reload the data.
New Components Introduced
The following pages are introduced:
The following static resources are introduced:
The following objects are introduced:
The following classes are introduced:
- In the Report Builder, for MDA reports only, your custom Color Palette settings are honored.
- In the Report Builder, Custom field color can now be applied in reports containing more than one By field, even if there’s a custom color setting for NA values.
- User can now delete sections at Admin > CS360 Sections.
- When the Show data from all children checkbox is selected children records are now displayed correctly.
- MDA objects are now visible at Admin > CS360 Sections > +SECTION.
- The Comment section will longer allow you to enter more than 4096 characters.
- NPS report is now working as expected.
- The export of a NPS report now returns any number of fetched records.
- The Schedule count will longer display as zero, if you have scheduled survey outreaches.
- Any extra column that is added to the Sponsor Tracking section is now rendered correctly.
- The Fields section now renders all the fields properly.
- Account Name and Relationship Name hyperlinks in a report are now navigating to the correct path.
- You will no longer see duplicate records when data is inserted via Rules Engine.
- Issue with the error message appearing repeatedly is now resolved.
- Issues pertaining to mapping fields in a Scorecard Fact object are now resolved.
- The Scorecard measure will longer exist on the R360 page, if the measure is deleted from scorecard configuration.
- Closed CTAs are now visible in Cockpit.
- Issues with composite fields, such as Billing Address are now resolved.
- Issues with reassigning of CTA owners using Mass Edit are now resolved.
- The Gsnap logo of a company no longer appears squished.
- In an Outreach, the From Email and Reply To fields will now display the fields automatically.
- Powerlist that has multiple Account lookups and has a Contact strategy will now be able to fetch records.
- You can now save notification settings, if modified.
- Issues with the number of decimal places are now resolved.
- The filter no longer resets to "NONE "when using "Next N days" or "Last N days" filter in dashboard.
- Custom Salesforce frames will no longer result in an error.
- The tabular view in Gainsight Healthscore dashboard is much more user friendly with draggable column borders.
- Reports exported from the dashboard are now showing the correct color scheme.
- The Field Mapping that appears while setting up a rule now displays correct field mapping.
- Issues while creating relationships and searching Opportunities are now resolved.
- An occurred due to presence of duplicate fields.
- If there is a sponsor change all tabs in the Account widget are now displayed as expected.