- CoPilot: fetch contacts for Power Lists and send Outreaches to up to 200k recipients
- Rules Engine: process up to 200k records per rule in the Rules Engine
- Relationships: create Relationships for an account automatically using the Load to Relationship Action Type and create automated Relationship Scorecards
- Reports 2.0: new landing page enables you to search for reports more easily, and identify where the report is in use; plus, additional export options
- Connectors: create an object and fill data with ease with our new UI.
- Gainsight Vault: import email templates from Gainsight’s Vault
- Dashboard permissions: manage user access to individual Gainsight dashboards
- Success Plans: create custom Plan Info layouts and apply Playbooks to templates
- Customer search: configure customer search options for Gainsight tab and CS360
1. Location: Cockpit > List View > [create a CTA]
When you create a CTA manually, you can now select the desired playbook at the same time. We have introduced a playbook drop-down box that allows you to see available playbooks. After you select a playbook, all tasks inside the playbook are visible at the bottom of the window. Also, you may modify the owner of each playbook task.
- You cannot modify Playbook/Playbook Tasks while creating a CTA.
- If you do not select a playbook here, you can still apply a playbook from the CTA detail view. You can also replace the playbook.
- You can apply a playbook while creating a CTA from Cockpit tab, Account Widget, Opportunity Widget, Case Widget and C360/R360 Cockpit tab.
2. Location: Administration > Cockpit Configuration > Call to action type
Milestones are now configurable for Risk and Objective type CTAs. The Milestone type that corresponds with a CTA is based on the configuration mappings for open and closed milestones. Earlier, for CTAs of the Risk type, milestone types were fixed to Risk Identified and Risk Resolved. Now, these milestone types are configurable.
1. Location: Administration > Gainsight Email Configuration > Opt-Out Settings
With this enhancement, you can manage your company logo and the description that appears to the customer on the email subscription page.
To change company logo and description on the email subscription page:
1. Navigate to Administration > Opt-Out Settings
2. Click on Change Logo; then browse to select the appropriate image.
3. Update the description in the text box below your company logo.
4. Click Submit.
The following is how the subscription page looks when your customer clicks the "Manage your subscription here" link in the received email. The customer can select the appropriate checkboxes; then click SUBMIT to manage email subscriptions.
2. Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Power Lists
The total number of records that you can fetch in a Power List is now increased to 200K records.
3. Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Outreaches
You can now trigger up to 200K emails per Outreach.
4. Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Outreaches
The UI is enhanced with the available outreaches on this page. You can now see up to 10 recently executed outreaches and up to 5 recently created drafts. You can click the Show More link to view more outreaches.
5. Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Outreaches
The Filter icon now has a Report Outreach icon that helps you identify outreaches that have reports in it.
6. Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Outreaches > [Click on an existing outreach] > Execution History.
By default, only 5 execution histories appear on this page. For more, click Show More. In addition, when you click Scheduled under the Type column link, the logs for the corresponding outreach are displayed. Also, you’ll notice that the order of Report, Execution History, and Outreach Info tabs was changed.
7. Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Outreaches (Outreach containing reports)
We now support Heat Map and D3 Bubble visualizations for reports included in an outreach.
Note: Only tabular visualization type is not supported for Outreaches containing reports.
8. Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Power Lists > [Click on an existing power list]
A link is now provided for Account Name and Contact Name within power list records, which takes you to the respective Salesforce page.
9. Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Email Templates > [Click Import from Gainsight Vault ]
Email Templates are available for customers to download from Gainsight Vault. After clicking the Import from Gainsight Vault icon, use the folders on the left to navigate the available email templates. Click the template name to see a preview. Click the download icon to download the template into your org. Back on the Email Templates list page, the new templates are available and will appear with the Vault folder name appended to the email template name.
1. Location: Administration > Integration > S3 Connector
The S3 connector now has a new folder structure. You are expected to place the CSV files in the input folder, the location of which is shown on the S3 Config page. All your projects will need their CSVs to be placed under: s3://gsext-lr7yqwhf1o0laliaqiqhiwemn...a-Ingest/Input.
Note: When using Cyberduck, you must copy the Bucket Access Path after s3://
2. Location: Administration > Integration > S3 Connector > [Click on an existing project or create a new one] > Field Mapping
- You can now map all or a few object fields with the header fields in the CSV file and vice-versa.
- You can click Select All to map all object fields with the CSV headers.
- You can choose multiple object fields and then click >> to map the selected object fields with the CSV headers.
- You can click ‘UnMap All’ to unmap all of the fields that you set for mapping.
1. Location: The Customers tab
You can search your UI views with the Search box. The UI views appear sorted in the search results.
2. Location: The Gainsight tab and CS360.
You can search customers with Customer search starts with and Customer search contains search options.
In addition, we have introduced Customer Search Settings under Administration > Customers which Admins can use to configure custom search settings. By default, you can search customers using Customer Info -> Name. This allows users to search for a customer on the CS360 or Gainsight tabs using a custom field such as Account -> Account Number.
Note: We recommend including no more than 2 fields in search criteria in order to preserve search performance. However, you can add more fields, but don’t check the “Include in Search” option. These additional fields will display in the search results as pictured below:
1. Location: Administration > Rules > Edit an existing rule > Setup Action
You can create relationships for an account automatically using the Load to Relationship Action Type.
When you select the Action Type as Load to Relationship, existing relationship types are populated under Select a Relationship type.
Under Field mappings, you must select ‘Include in identifiers’ for at least 1 field. Otherwise, you can’t save the rule. For more information on how to automate relationship creation for an account, refer to Automating Relationship Creation for an Account.
2. Location: Administration > Relationships > [Click on the Gear icon of an existing Relationship Type] > 360 view > Layout Configuration
Layout configuration is available only for the linked SFDC objects of a relationship. This is Gainsight’s layout (which you configure by dragging-and-dropping fields in Layout configuration) that helps you enter data directly into object fields that reside on SFDC.
Once you create the layout configuration, you can navigate to Customers > Click on an existing customer > Relationships > [Click on the relationship for which you just configured the layout] > [Go to the section you just configured for layout].
You will see a default sample report that is generated as per the layout configuration fields.
In addition, you can click the + icon to add more data in object fields. Earlier you were taken to a SFDC page for entering data. Note: your SFDC permissions are respected.
1. Location: Administration > CS360 Sections > [Click the Edit link corresponding to Attributes]
You can now configure the Attributes section for Gainsight Mobile. However, you cannot edit any attributes using Gainsight Mobile. (The Editable option refers only to the desktop version of the C360 page.)
Note: A maximum of 50 fields may be added to Attributes Configuration.
1. Location: Administration > Success Plan Configuration > [Edit an existing Success Plan Template]
You are now required to create a playbook in order to add tasks to your Success Plan template objectives.
Note: In templates, you cannot add/edit any task using the task details view. You must navigate to Cockpit > Playbooks to edit the playbook tasks. Any change made to the playbook is automatically reflected in the Success Plan. This prevents needing to make modifications to both Success Plans and Playbooks.
2. Location: Administration > Success Plan Configuration
Previously, you could not modify the Details section and you were limited to showing 20 read-only fields in the Other section of the Plan Info page. Now Admins can customize all sections of the Plan Info page per plan type, including modifying field labels, adding custom fields, and setting the fields to editable. There is no limit on the # of fields you can display. In Administration > Success Plan Configuration, we moved the Success Plan Info Field Configuration section under the add a Success Plan Type process.
You can enter the Success Plan Type name, and then click the Save & Configure Success Plan Info Layout button to configure the success plan. In addition, you can use the Pencil icon of the corresponding Success Plan Type to modify the existing Success Plan Info Field Configuration.
You can now fetch up to 200K records when triggering a rule.
Note: The Rule Results Excel sheet will contain only 100K records. We will make appropriate enhancements in upcoming releases so that the Excel sheet contains all of the fetched records.
1. Location: Administration > Reports 2.0
When you click the Reports 2.0 sub-tab, you are taken to a new landing page for the reports repository:
- Sorting options: sort reports by Source Object, Report Name, Created By, Last Modified By, and Used In conditions.
- Reports “Used In”: the UI indicates whether a report is included on a Dashboard or on the CS360 page. Otherwise, "The report is not used anywhere" message appears under Used In. In addition, the UI also displays date and user for recent updates made to the report.
- The UI displays the count of reports available for the applied filter condition.
- Report Descriptions: field for entering a short description of the report is now available.
- Click +REPORT to create a report.
- After you are finished pulling in fields in the Show me and By fields, click the Save icon to save the report. You are asked for the report name and a description, which is optional.
- Users who have a Gainsight license will appear under Created By and Last Modified By criteria.
- For MDA reports, Created By and Last Modified By criteria are unavailable. These filters will be made available in a future release.
- MDA reports are available under Repository and are arranged by the last modified date filter, which is the default unmodifiable filter, available for all reports.
2. Location: Administration > Reports 2.0 > [select a drill down report. For example, a Pie Chart visualization report]
You can now export the drill down results as an Excel sheet. In addition, you can click the dotted (...) icon to select fields to include in the exported Excel sheet and in the drill down results. Reports containing 2,000+ records will export in CSV format.
3. Location: Administration > Reports 2.0 > [Edit/Create a report on SFDC object]
In addition to reports on MDA objects, the Export as CSV option is now available for reports that are built on the SFDC object.
4. Location: Administration > UI Settings > Dashboard Permissions > Configure.
Admins can now configure individual dashboard permissions for users with the new Dashboard Permissions UI. To enable Dashboard Permissions, navigate to Administration > UI Settings > Dashboard Permissions > Configure; then select the Enable checkbox; click Save. Then to assign dashboard permissions to specific users, refer to Assigning Dashboard Permissions.
1. Location: Administration > Scorecard for Relationships
Admins can now create an automated scorecard for a relationship using the rules engine. For more information, refer to Automating Relationship Scorecard Updates.
2. Location: Administration > Scorecard for Relationships
Admins will now receive email notifications when you update measure weights, change configuration, add/edit a measure, or when you edit the scheme definition. In addition, you can now drag-and-drop measures across the groups; the weights will be automatically calculated; and you will receive an email notification to this effect.
- When you change the weight of a measure, the overall score gets updated automatically and you receive an email notification.
- You will get email notifications only when Color or Grade (Scorecard Schemes) are modified.
3. Location: Administration > Scorecard for Relationships > Scorecards > [Edit a scorecard containing group level scores]> Select Enable group scores.
You can now select Enable group scores so that the group score gets updated automatically.
The following image describes how Default and Automated Measures groups are updated automatically.
4. Location: Administration > Scorecard for Relationships > SCORECARDS > [click the Gear icon] > [Select Enable snapshot]
When you select the Enable snapshot checkbox, a snapshot is triggered on a weekly or on a monthly basis. By default, this checkbox is enabled for you. The history of these triggered snapshots is available at the R360 page > Relationship Type.
5. Location: Administration > Scorecard for Relationships > SCORECARDS > [Edit an existing scorecard] > Validity Type.
You can prevent stale scores in your scorecards. Validity type, along with Validity period, is about determining a period of time for which scores will be considered valid. As shown in the below image, you can define the validity period in numbers and also select WEEKS, DAYS, or MONTHS as validity type for your measures.
If the validity period expires, the scorecard measure displays a hyperlink, as shown in the image below, that can be accessed by the user to update the measure score, or reset the measure score.
Automated Measure: In case of a stale score, the rule has to be executed again to retrieve a refreshed score.
Manual Measure: In case of a stale score, click the hyperlink to reveal the RENEW SCORE button. Otherwise, remove the score using the REMOVE SCORE button in case the score is no longer relevant.
Otherwise, you can also click on the score icon of the measure to modify the score manually.
6. Location: Administration > Scorecard for Relationships > SCORECARDS > [click the Gear icon] > [Select Enable snapshot]
When you select the Enable snapshot checkbox, a snapshot is triggered on a weekly or on a monthly basis. By default, this checkbox is enabled for you.
The history of these triggered snapshots is available at the R360 page > Relationship Type.
7. Location: Administration > Scorecard for Relationships > SCORECARDS > [Edit an existing scorecard]
The scorecard snapshot that appears on the R360 page can be cross verified using the Relationship Scorecard Snapshot object, which is available under MDA data, in Report Builder.
Gainsight Data Management
1. Location: Administration > Data Management.
You can now create an object with the help of a CSV file.
For more information on how to create an object using a CSV file, refer to Creating an Object using CSV.
2. Location: Administration > Data Management > Objects > Select an existing object > Dependencies.
In addition to Rules and Reports, you can now see Relationships and Data Integrations that are dependent on the selected object.
3. Location: Administration > Data Management > Objects > Select an existing object > Activity Log.
We now display the activities, as shown in the following image, that have been performed on an object.
1. When reports were exported and a custom domain was used, the Excel sheet in the email did not point to the correct location and failed to open. This issue is now resolved.
2. For an NPS response on a survey, under the Analyze tab, the user was unable to create a Salesforce task for survey participants because of an error.
3. Under Survey, for Matrix questions under survey, the order of choices changed incorrectly when both number and string choices were present.
4. Under Survey > Properties, the message entered in the Thank you text box did not appear when the survey was submitted
1. The user was unable to export the Customer 360 page if the page contained a special character.
2. On Internet Explorer, the user was unable to export the CS360 page and snapshot.
1. Under Administration > UI Settings, Tab Name and View Name columns sorting issue is now resolved.
2. Under Administration > Summary, an error occurred when fields with same label but different API names were dragged-and-dropped from Fields to Preview.
When a milestone was created, and the org timezone was using Daylight Saving Time, there was a discrepancy in dates. For more information, refer to Configuring Daylight Savings Time.