Version 4.19 release of Gainsight includes the following new features and updates:
- Cockpit Enhancements
- Reporting Enhancements
- Survey Enhancements
- Rules Engine Enhancements
- Email Statistics
- Engagement Enhancements
The following usability enhancements have been added to cockpit:
Associating contacts to CTAs and tasks
With the release you will be able to associate contacts to either a CTA or a task from cockpit. This will be helpful if you are meeting a certain contact and would like to capture the details of the people you have met to complete the task or an event. To enable this, go to Cockpit configuration from Administration and Turn on the feature to Associate contacts.
Once this feature is turned on, you will see a new section in the detailed view from where can associate contacts. This feature is not yet available in 360 view and widgets and is available only from cockpit.
Click on edit to start associating contacts. Click on ‘+’ to associate a contact or click on the cross mark to remove the contact and once all changes are done, click on save.
Dynamic Task Assignment
In the previous release, we were able to dynamically assign tasks while applying a playbook manually. This has been extended to work for Engagement rules and Survey rules.
Original Due date and Close Date
We have added additional fields to track the Original Due date of a CTA and a task. The original due date is set when the CTA or task is created. This happens to CTA and tasks created manually and from rules engine.
When a Task is closed we track the close date. We were already tracking the close date for CTAs and in release, we have added the ability to track close date on tasks. The original due dates and close dates can be used to identify delay in completing a CTA or task and use these delays to create more operational reports on the playbook tasks when the most amount of delay occurs along with the CTAs and the CSMs where the delay is more.
Due Group and Calendar view include tasks that are due
We have enhanced the due grouping and calendar view to show even the CTA that have any tasks due in that period. This is applicable only when looking at the records for a particular owner. When looking at all owners we will only get CTAs that are due in a particular period and will not honour tasks.
This is particularly useful to look at the CTAs and tasks that need to completed on a day or a period.
We now support new lines in task and CTA comments. This will enhance the readability while pasting lots of text.
When all tasks are closed we do not auto close the CTA.
Adding Reports to Customer 360, Account, and Opportunity Widget
- With the new release, you can add reports created using the new report builder to customer 360, account and opportunity widget. This includes both tabular and graphical reports
- You can add SFDC reports to customer 360, account and opportunity widget.
- You can add MDA reports to customer 360 page only.
- Reports that are added to customer 360, account and opportunity widget will be automatically filtered out with data that is relevant only for the account in question. Please ensure that you don’t add account id/account name filters to these reports.
- All reports need to be configured in the report builder before being able to add them to Customer 360, account or opportunity widget.
- To add a new report to Customer 360, account or opportunity widget, navigate to Administrator | C360 sections | Add new section. Clicking on the button will open the following pop-up.
Enter a name for your section. The section will be displayed using the same name in Customer 360, account and/or opportunity widget
Select the source of the report. You can choose either MDA Subject area or salesforce object.
If you’ve chosen an SFDC object in step 2, you will be asked to choose the field with account lookup information in the account ref field dropdown. If you’ve selected an MDA Subject area in step 2, you don’t have to configure step 3.
Once you select a source, the list of all reports configured using the object will be displayed in this section. In the below case, CTA object has been selected and one report configured on the object “CTA’s by stage” is made available for selection.
After selecting the reports to be added, configure where you’d like the sections to be visible. In the above configuration, the section has been configured to be shown only in Customer 360 page.
Click on Save, and navigate to the customer 360 page of a customer and you start seeing the section “CTA data” being shown as a section in the customer 360 page as shown below. All available options such as changing the visualization, and ranking will be available for manipulations in c360, account and/or opportunity widget .
Ranking SFDC Reports
With the new release, you will be able to rank reports that you’ve created using SFDC data. This feature will be helpful in creating reports such as the “Show me Top 5 customers with the most # of transactions in the last 6 months” “Show me top 10 customers with the maximum # of downloads in the past 30 days” etc
To enable this functionality:
- Click on the ranking icon
- Choose the data on which you’d want to rank your report based on. Only numerical data added to the report will be available for selection
- Choose whether you’d want to show Top/Bottom and enter a number in the text box adjacent to the drop down
Other Report Enhancements
- You now have the ability to report on 2 additional Gainsight subject areas. The two subject areas (1) NPS and (2) User adoption
- The # of fields that can be added to “Show me” and “By” has been increased to 10 and 5 respectively. Please note that you can add any # of fields to “Show Me” if no fields have been added to “By” section.
- You now have the ability to export reports that have been created using MDA data. To export a report, click on the icon on the top right strip. The underlying data used to render the report will be exported as an excel file.
- Validation to add date field as the first field in “By” has been removed for MDA reports
- All existing BDA 2.0 reports have been migrated to the new report builder
- Ability to choose a different template while re-sending a survey. Drop down to select the desired template has been provided as depicted below
- Ability to delete a survey after sending but before a response is received
Survey statistics report has been updated to include # of unsubscribes
Add Image to Survey Questions
- Ability to add image to survey questions. Two options shall be provided. One to upload an image and the other to add a caption to the image. The uploaded image and caption will be displayed in between the question text and answer choices
- With the new release, following two pre-built surveys will be available out of the box. On clicking Create survey button, you will be prompted to either create a new survey or a pre-built survey.
- NPS Survey
- Implementation Survey
Unsubscribe from Survey
You now have the ability to add unsubscribe link to your survey email templates. To add unsubscribe link, copy and paste the below HTML code snippet to your survey email template. Once a user clicks on unsubscribe, he/she will not get future remainders for the survey from which he/she unsubscribed.
Unsubscribe HTML code snippet
Once the user clicks on unsubscribe link, he/she will be navigated to the below page that intimates the users theta the survey has been unsubscribed from remainders of the current survey
Survey statistics report has been updated to include # of unsubscribes
Rules Engine Enhancements
The following enhancements have been made to the rules engine:
Due Date for CTA in Custom Rules
The Due date for the CTA was fixed to 5 days and was not configurable. With this enhancement the CTA that gets created from Custom rules can have configurable due dates. When a playbook is attached to this has a task that is greater than the due date then the no.of days of the playbook task is set as the due date. As a rule of thumb whichever is greater is set as due date.
This enhancement is already done for Engagement rule with last release.
Set Score From a Numeric Field in Custom & Engagement Rules
Set score action will have the additional capability of picking a value from a numeric field and setting that to a scorecard measure. This would help in the following types of scenarios:
- You have a formula field with score that has to be set in scorecard measure
- Data science output has a measure with values from 0-100 for the accounts and it has to be loaded to scorecard measure.
Note: The only limitation here is that the numeric field selected should have values between 0-100 and if the values are outside this range then those records are ignored and you would see them in the list of failure in Rule error email.
Tokenization Capability of CTA Comments in Custom and Engagement Rules
In Engagement rules, when CTAs were created we would auto populate comments based on the rule setup including the filters that were applied. Very often there is lot of noise since all the filters applied in the rule are not required to communicate the reason the CTA got created.
We have have added the capability to construct your own comments and while defining the comments, you can tokenize them and include values from the results that generated the CTA.
E.g If you are building a custom rule on Cases object to create a CTA every time a case with certain reason is created, you can customize the comments to include the Case reason, the contact who created it and when it was created. These comments will get posted to the CTA (as chatter post if chatter is enabled) every time it is triggered.
With this release, the statistics about all the emails sent using Gainsight Email Service with Rules Engine are captured and stored in MDA Subject area. This is available under new Report builder in MDA data and in Rules Engine under Matrix data. The data is collected in two Subject areas as follows:
Email Raw Events
Every single event of the email transaction is captured at the finest level in this Subject area and the schema is as follows:
- Account Id : SFDC account identifier
- Account Name : SFDC account name
- Contact Name : The recipient name from SFDC contact object
- Contact Id : SFDC contact object id
- Batch Name : Name of the rule / survey that triggered the email.
- Batch Id : Rule id or survey id
- Email Address : The important guy in this context who don’t need a description
- Event : What happened with the email with possible values as Click, Delay, HardBounce, Open, Reject, Send, SoftBounce, Spam
- Event date : When the event happened
- Event message : In case of the events like bounce / reject there are additional messages sent from our mailing service provider like “mailbox full” or “Invalid email address” etc..
- Template Name : SFDC Email template name that is used for that email
- IP Address : This captures from which IP Address the mail has been opened, albeit this is not reliable since the email service providers like Google do reset it to their IP Address
The events of the email transactions are aggregated at transaction level. If you wonder what an email transaction is, it is but a single email sent from GS email service. Each transaction will have the following events aggregated
- Opened -- 0 or 1, where 0 stands for not opened yet and 1 stands for opened.
- Opened Count -- Each open of a particular email is a separate event, so the total count is aggregated to this measure.
- Opened on -- The date time when the email was first opened is recorded in this field
- Opened IP / Clicked IP -- This captures from which IP Address the mail has been opened, albeit this is not reliable since the email service providers like Google do reset it to their IP Address
- Clicked -- 0 or 1, where 0 stands for not clicked yet and 1 stands for clicked.
- Clicked count -- Each click of a particular link in email is a separate event, so the total count is aggregated to this measure.
- Clicked on -- The date time when one of the link in the email was first clicked.
- Sent -- 0 or 1, Ideally this is always 1…
- Triggered on -- Date time on which the mail is triggered from Rules / Survey
- Sent on -- Date time on which our Gainsight email service has sent the email…. If you wonder why will it be any different, there you go with the hourly quota limitation…. Based on the reputation of a customer account their limit will vary from a minimum of 50/hour in worst case to 3000-4000/hour in best case.
- Delayed on / Hard Bounce on / Marked Spam on / Soft Bounce on / Delayed on: Date time of when these events occurred.
- Delayed / HardBounced / Marked Spam / Soft Bounced / Delayed : 1 or 0, whether the event has occurred or not respectively.
- The remaining fields are explained in the Raw events section.
Throttle Frequency of Emails Sent to a Contact
With this setting you can control how frequently a contact / email address can receive an email from this rule. You can enter the number of days in the text box or select Lifetime if the contact is eligible to receive the email only once from this rule.
Note: If you have multiple email actions on one rule, this setting will apply to all email actions for that rule.
SmartSigns are the first step towards improving the overall experience with our Scorecards. Today, there are 3 ways to create a Scorecard measure:
- A manual or Qualitative measure (QualSign)
- A rules based / Quantitative measure (QuantSign)
- A data science based Quantitative measure (SmartSign)
Scorecards measures should be thought of as VitalSigns, similar to Vital Signs you would track for your own health.
SmartSigns simplifies the process of generating Scorecard measure (VitalSigns) for your customers. Say you know that a metrics “X” is important and want to create a measure out of it. We automate that process for you in a few simple steps as described below.
Creating a New SmartSign
To learn more about creating a new SmartSign click here.
We can now select to calculate Utilization % based on an adoption measure (as earlier) or choose to report directly from an adoption measure. In Usage Configuration, there are 3 options for Utilization % -
- None - Utilization % will not be calculated and will not be shown under Engagement tab.
- GS Standard Calc - This is the existing calculation which is (Selected Measure / Users from CustomerInfo) * 100. Earlier this calculation was done on the client. Now we will pre-calculate this value and store the appropriate value into the new Utilization% field that is pre-packaged. This will be captured going forward and once we do this for a length of time, we will be able to report on the trend of Utilization %.
- From Measure - We can treat an adoption measure as the usage indicator. You can now do any custom calculation / aggregation and store this information in a field and choose to report on that as the Utilization %.
To choose, go to Usage Configuration and set the appropriate value for Utilization %.
ExternalID for Data Loads
We are pre packaging a unique case insensitive external ID field with API name JBCXM__ExternalId__c and our recommended format for ExternalID is -
For AccountLevel data - 18DigitAccountID~Date
For InstanceLevel data - 18DigitAccountID~Date~InstanceID
For UserLevel data - 18DigitAccountID~Date~UserEmail
Date format that should be used is YYYY-MM-DD
E.g for AccountLevel - 003i000001W4572~2014-12-01
ExternalID can be used to avoid loading duplicate records and to upsert existing records.
Before V 4.19, we would sum up all measure values in a certain period during run time before reporting them under Engagement overview. This is to avoid showing duplicate records if there are multiple records per period at either Account / Instance level.
We now pre-aggregating multiple records per period into a single record (and also append the ExternalID when not provided) when the aggregation is run every week / month. This periodic aggregation process will not invoke any rules.
Since we have started pre-aggregating the data, we stopped doing the aggregation during run time. This improves the performance however if there are multiple records for a period for which this aggregation has not run, we will show them as separate rows in the grid. To avoid seeing duplicates run aggregation for the periods you are seeing duplicates. This aggregation option is also available when data granularity to set to AccountLevel.
Another advantage we get by this pre-aggregation is the storage optimization.
Search and Sort on Measures Data
Earlier we were not able to perform server side search on measures data in Engagement tab. Along with the performance improvements, another improvement is the ability to search and sort on measures while looking at a single or multiple measures for one period.
When multiple periods are selected then search will be available only when the number of records returned are lesser than the page size which is defaulted to 200. Use the advanced search to filter the records and search on measures data.
Salesforce components introduced in v 4.19
Gainsight View only, Gainsight Admin, Gainsight Standard permission sets will be updated appropriately to have additional permission on these components.
- AssociatedRecords__C - This object was added for Associating Contacts to CTA and Task
All the objects listed below were already existing, only the fields below each object were introduced in V 4.19
- CSTasks__C :ClosedDate__C - For storing closed date of a task
- UsageData__c: ExternalId__c - To enable storing ExternalID
- UsageData__c: Utilization__c - To store the standard Utilization Calculation
- SurveyDistributionSchedule__c: Template__c
- CustomerInfo__c: LifecycleInWeeks__c - Formula field to track the number of weeks since Original Contract date
- SurveyParticipant__c: Unsubscribed__c
- SurveyQuestion__c: AllowCaption__c
- SurveyQuestion__c: Image__c
- SurveyQuestion__c: Caption__c
- ApplicationSettings__c: UsageUtilizationCalc__c