This article presents groups of Vault assets that support different customer lifecycle use cases.
How to Kick-Off a New Customer (Sales):
- First, let’s add the customer into Gainsight with this rule.
- Next, let’s lay a milestone and create a CTA for this new customer with this rule.
- Now that you have a CTA, you can use this playbook to start onboarding the customer.
- Don’t forget to send the customer a nice welcome email!
How to Kick-Off a New Customer (Customer Success):
Onboarding & Go-Live
How to Communicate during Onboarding:
How to Manage the Go-Live:
- Let’s plan to roll this out! Lay out the plan with this email.
- Let’s start training our end users with this playbook.
- Here’s a survey for after the training.
- Time to go live! Here’s how.
- If you need a high-touch plan, use this instead.
- Congrats, we’re live! Let the customer know with this email.
- Time to transition this account to the CSM. Follow these steps.
- Let’s make sure everything is good on our end of the system. Do this internal launch.
How to Manage the Post-Launch Customer:
- First, set up rules to automate parts of the lifecycle:
- Move the customer from Launched to Adopting once they’ve begun to see value from the product with this playbook.
- Send this survey to gauge how they’re doing.
- Do an annual and monthly health check-ins.
- Conduct EBRs (see EBRs section).
- Let’s report on lifecycle milestones by week.
How to Manage Churn:
How to Manage Renewals:
When to Upsell:
- Did the customer close a round of funding? Maybe this playbook will help.
- Does the customer have strong adoption? Give this playbook a shot.
- Can we expand to other areas of the business? Follow these steps to success.
- Has the customer used most of their assigned licenses? Take action with this playbook.
- Here’s an email to initiate the discussion.
- Here’s a report of open upsell opportunities.
When to Cross-Sell:
- Use this survey to determine cross-sell opportunities.
How to Create a EBR Cadence:
- First, let’s create some CTAs to remind us to set up EBRs.
- Now, let’s figure out what we actually need to do for these EBRs. This playbook tells all.
Want to see all upcoming EBRs? Use this report.