Regardless of the Reference Vital Sign Score, if a customer’s Overall Health Score declines to a concerning level, the ReferenceEdge Reference Status will update accordingly, lessening the chance of using an unsuitable customer as a reference.
1) Define Rule Criteria
Go to the Gainsight Administration tab > Rules Engine. Click to create a new Rule using the “+Rule” on the right hand side. See Rules Engine Overview for more information on setting up Rules.
Fill in the following in the rule detail screen:
- Rule Type “Custom”
- Rule Name: “ReferenceEdge: Change Ref Status based on Overall Health” (or name of your preference)
Click Next to navigate to the Rules Configuration Screen > Click the ‘Native Data’ radio button > Click in the dropdown to select the ‘Account’ or ‘CustomerInfo’ object (depending on where your Renewal Date is stored.
From the list of fields in the left-hand column, add the following fields to the Show box by selecting and dragging:
- ID from Account Object (Account:: ID) - Required
Overall Health from CustomerInfo (CustomerInfo :: Overall Health) - Required
2) Setup a Load to SFDC Action
- Click ‘+Action’ to create a new Action
- Select ‘Load to SFDC’ from the Action Type dropdown on the top left of the Action box
- Select ‘Reference Profile’ from the ‘Object Name’ dropdown
- Click ‘Update’ from the ‘Operation’ dropdown
- Map the ‘Account::Id’ field in the left-hand column to ‘Account (String)’ in the dropdown on the right-hand column and check ‘Include in Identifiers’
- Click ‘+Field Mapping’ in the top right to add another field
- From the dropdown in the new field select the ‘Reference Status’ that corresponds to the Health score
- Click ‘+Criteria’ in the bottom right of the Action box
- Select ‘CustomerInfo:: Current Score Label’ from the dropdown
- Set the operator to ‘Greater or Equal’ if you have a numeric scoring scheme or ‘Contains’ for R/Y/G or A-F
- Select the range or input the text value that corresponds to the Reference Status you selected
Create three ‘Set score’ Actions; the Score and the Reference Status criteria will correspond to the following:
- Reference Status = Active; Score = Green
- Reference Status = Caution; Score = Yellow
- Reference Status = Inactive; Score = Red
Set Status Action 1:
Set Status Action 2:
Set Status Action 3:
Click Save > On the Schedule Configuration screen. Schedule to run on the same frequency as your other Scorecard rules.