Send an automated email to your customer contacts once their onboarding project is complete to congratulate them on their progress, let them know their next steps and relevant resources so they don’t miss a beat.
Step-1: Design your Power List in CoPilot
Using the similar criteria we used to automate a Hand-off CTA in the previous use case, design your Power List in CoPilot to reach out to key contacts once an onboarding project is complete. For our example, the Project should be in a ‘Completed’ state and the Completion Date was yesterday.
In this example, we’ve further targeted the Contacts we will target with this email; contacting only those people who hold an ‘Admin, Adoption Champion or Executive Sponsor’ Role.
I have also added the ‘CSM Name’, ‘Customer Name’ and ‘Executive Sponsor’ from the Account and the ‘Project Manager Name’ from the Clarizen Project Object to the ‘Select the list fields’ box. We will use these two field as tokens in the email to let the customer know who their contacts are within your company,
See the article, CoPilot Overview & Enablement, for further instruction on all the subsequent steps in this use-case.
Navigate to the Cockpit tab > Copilot > Power Lists > Add new Power List
Select the following:
- Derive list of contacts from ‘Salesforce’ > ‘Clarizen Project’ Object > ‘All Contacts in eligible accounts’
- Which meets the following Criteria:
- Clarizen Project:: Completion Date (equals) ‘Subtract N Days from Rule’ (1)
- Clarizen Project:: State (includes) ‘Completed’
- Which meets the additional criteria from Contacts
- Contact:: Rule (includes) ‘Admin, Exec Sponsor, Power User’ (or your desire Contact Roles”
- Select the List Fields
- Account:: CSM Name
- Account:: Executive Sponsor
- Clarizen Project:: Account
- Clarizen Project:: Created by ID Email
- Clarizen Project:: Project Manager Name
- Customer Info:: Customer Name
- Select Contact Fields
- Contact:: Email
- Contact:: Full Name
- Contact:: ID
- Select Account Lookup: Account
Check the ‘Refresh Daily’ checkbox and select desired time to refresh the list (should happen before you want your email outreach to be sent).
Step-2: Design your Email Template
Craft the email to your customer; share your excitement for their launch with your product, let them know the next steps, who will be involved from your company and useful materials to them at their launch. In this example, this email is intended to be sent from the Executive Sponsor assigned to this Customer. Insert placeholders for the tokens.
Navigate to the Cockpit tab > Copilot > Email Templates > Add new Email Template
Step-3: Create your Outreach
Select your Power List and complete your Email Template by populating all the appropriate To/From information and inserting the Tokens into the body of the email.
Navigate to the Cockpit tab > Copilot > Email Templates > Add new Outreach (+Outreach in top right corner).
Populate the following information in your outreach:
- From Name
- To (this should be the name of the Power List you created in Step 1)
- Template (this should be the email you created in Step 2)
- From Email