The Transactions section offers a UI where you can see Transactions and Reports views, which are configurable. It allows you to view all transactions related data within one section. The Timeline view allows you to view all your transactions sorted either by the transaction close date or the subscription start date. In addition, you can also drill down to view what products were sold in a transaction.
The Reports view provides 7 out-of-the-box reports that are built on Header, Lines, and Customer Product objects, which contain transactions related data. In addition, you can also generate custom reports on Header, Lines, and Customer Product objects.
Note: Out-of-the-box reports are created only when you complete the Product Transactions configuration and then choose to generate reports from the Automate and Aggregation step. The option to generate reports appears only when there are no existing reports that are built on Header, Lines, or Customer Product objects.
For more information on:
- Transactions, refer to Product Transactions.
- How to configure Timeline View and Reports in the Transactions section, refer to Configuring Timeline View and Reports in Transactions Section.
- Standard and Custom Fiscal Year
To configure the Timeline View in the Transactions section:
1. Navigate to Administration > CS360 Layouts; then click edit on the relevant layout.
2. Click the configuration gear on the Transactions section.
3. Under Timeline view:
i) From the Sort timeline by drop-down box, select Booking Date (sorts Timeline view by booking date) or Subscription Start Date (sorts Timeline view by subscription start date).
ii) From Select drill down report from lines, select the appropriate report data that should appear when transaction header is clicked for viewing transaction lines.
Note: You can select a report that is built only on the Lines object.
iii) From Available LRM-Header Fields, drag-and-drop fields into Selected Fields. These fields will appear in the Timeline view for transaction headers.
Note: You can add a maximum of 8 fields under Selected Fields. In addition, you can add the #Products field only when product level LRM is enabled.
4. Optionally, under the Reports tab you can select reports that should appear under the Reports icon in the Timeline view. You can select reports from the out-of-the-box-reports that we provide, or you can create your own customized reports. For more information on how to build reports, refer to Report Building.
Note: Reports can be generated only on the following objects: GS Customer Products, GS LRM Header, and GS LRM Lines. We offer 7 useful out-of the-box templates that are generated using GS Customer Products, GS LRM Header, and GS LRM Lines objects.
5. Click Save.
- The transaction header color configuration in the Timeline view, which represents the Booking Type, can be configured from Administration > LRM > Booking Type and Revenue Type Mapping.
6. Back in the section list view, click the edit icon (pencil) and select the appropriate checkboxes beside Show in. For example, if Customer360 is selected, the Transactions section will appear in the customer’s 360 section.
Standard and Custom Fiscal Year
Based on your settings at Salesforce Setup > Administration Setup > Company Profile > Fiscal Year > Standard Fiscal Year/Custom Fiscal Year, the Transactions section now displays the Fiscal Year.
The following image describes the Transactions section based on Standard Fiscal Year configuration.
In addition, if you use the Custom Fiscal Year from Salesforce Setup, you can have the Transactions section appear as shown in the following image. The Custom Fiscal Year allows you to modify the Fiscal Year label as per your requirement.
Note: You can choose either Standard Fiscal Year or Custom Fiscal Year. If you have not configured the fiscal year it appears as NA, as shown in the image above.