This article explains how to configure your Customer 360 Details page to display support tickets. We will walk you through how to display data from Service Cloud or Zendesk however the same principles can be applied to other support systems as long as you are syncing the data to a Salesforce object.
This Zendesk documentation walks you through how to sync Zendesk tickets to Salesforce. In order to configure the Customer 360 page to display tickets you will need to go with Option 1: Send Zendesk Tickets into Salesforce.
New Customer 360 Section
- To get started, navigate to Administration > Analytics > C360 Layouts, and click edit on the relevant Layout.
- Drag the Section/Embed Page option from the left over to the right.
- Click the configuration gear on the new section.
- Fill out the following details:
- Lookup Object Object where ticket data is stored. In this example it is stored in Zendesk so we will choose Zendesk_Zendesk_Ticket_c. If you were pulling data from Service Cloud you would choose Case.
- Account Lookup Field Will be filled in by default
- Show in Customer360 Select to show
- Show in Account Widget Select to show
- Show in Opportunity Widget Select to show
- Click Save.
- Back in the layout, click the edit icon (pencil) and enter a name for the new section.
Configure UI View
Step 1: Select Tab Name This will be the label you choose in the previous step
Step 2: Enter View Name You can have multiple views within a C360 section. Make the name descriptive.
Step 3: Specify Filter Criteria If you want to fine tune what tickets are displayed enter additional criteria. In this example we are showing all tickets so this is blank.
Step 4: Specify Report Params If you want to fine tune what tickets are displayed enter additional criteria. In this example we are showing all tickets so this is blank.
Step 5: Select Fields to Display These are the columns that will be displayed in the view.
Click Save to continue.
Create Additional UI Views
If you want to create another view that displays only tickets that are active, navigate to Administration > Analytics > UI Views and click New.
Pick the Tab Name you created in the previous step and then fill out the rest of the fields accordingly. Since this view should only display active tickets we are adding a filter in Step 3 to exclude Solved.
View New C360 Section
To see the new C360 section you will go to a Customer 360 page. If you created multiple views within the new section you will see a drop down at the top right where you can choose the view. If you ever want to edit the views within a C360 section you will go back to Administration > UI Settings > UI Views and click Edit next to the view you would like to edit.