SWOT is an acronym that stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. This process helps the management team identify internal and external factors that might affect the company’s ability to achieve a goal. It also helps in developing strong business strategies by making sure that you have considered all potential externalities.
In Gainsight, SWOT can be used as an effective tool in two scenarios:
- Account Planning or Goal Setting
- Overall Customer Analysis
For more information about SWOT Analysis, please read this blog post. Below are the steps to configure SWOT CTA Types in Gainsight:
Step 1: Add the custom fields to the CTA Object ‘Call To Action’ in Salesforce
1. Go to Setup > Create > Objects .
2. Select custom object ‘Call To Action’ .
3. Add four new custom fields: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats in ‘Call To Action’ object. Data type = Long Text Area
For your reference, here is the guide to create custom fields in Salesforce objects.
Step 2: Add New CTA Type for SWOT
1. Navigate to Administration > Workflow > Calls to action.
2. In the 'Call to action type' section, click + Add Type.
3. Enter the name SWOT and click Save.
Step 3: Add SWOT to the CTA Detail View Layout
1. In the ‘Detail view layout configuration’ section, select the 'SWOT' type.
2. Select ‘Call to Action’ Layout, and add four new fields: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Make sure the ‘Read Only’ box is unchecked.
3. Click Save.
You are now ready to use SWOT Analysis!