Timeline is available in two places: Customer 360 and Cockpit (it can also be accessed via the Account and Opportunity Widgets).
Below is a description of each of these places based on the standard configuration. For more information regarding your organization’s specific instance of Gainsight, please contact your Gainsight Admin.
Customer 360 > Timeline
The Timeline View in the Customer 360 allows you to log and view activities that help you track customer interactions over the course of a customer’s lifecycle.
As part of Gainsight Essentials, we have configured a custom Activity type, Risk, to help you manage your risks. We have also configured two custom Activity fields to help you track the status and momentum of your customer interactions:
- Status - Green, Yellow, or Red
- Trending - Positively, Negatively, or Flat
You can use the Timeline View in the Customer 360 to:
- Log a significant email, call, meeting, or update with corresponding notes, tasks, and attachments
- View a chronological history of key customer interactions
- View, edit, and log activity drafts and view attachments related to the account
Cockpit > CTA Detail View > Timeline
The Timeline tab in the CTA Detail View allows you to log activities for a specific CTA. These activities will also appear in the Timeline View in the Customer 360.
You can use the Timeline tab in the CTA Detail View to:
- Log a significant email, call, meeting, or update with corresponding notes, tasks, and attachments that are tied to a specific CTA
- View a chronological history of key customer interactions that are tied to a specific CTA
- Create tasks for an activity and add these to the specific CTA