This article describes the process of migrating CTAs and Success Plan layouts, using Gainsight's X-Org Migration tool.
X-Org is Gainsight's migration tool which can be used to migrate data from a source object to a target object. (Source object can be a sandbox org and target object can be a production org). To learn more about the X-org tool refer the Cross-org Migration article.
You can migrate a CTA Type and its corresponding Layout from a source org to a target org. If you have included any custom fields in the migration task, you must ensure that the corresponding custom field is created in the target org as well. If the corresponding custom field is not present in the target org, the migration task fails.
Similarly, you can migrate a Success Plan Type and its corresponding Layout from the source org to a target org. If you have included any custom fields in the migration task, you must ensure that the corresponding custom field is created in target org as well. If the corresponding custom field is not present in the target org, the migration task fails.
Migrate CTA Layout and Success Plan Layout
To migrate CTA layout and Success Plan layout:
- Create a new CTA type (here a CTA type “High Risk” is created). For more information on how to create CTA Types, see the Create Custom CTA Types section of the Configure CTA types, reasons, priority, Snooze article.
- Create a new Success plan type (here a Success plan type called “Success Plan for High Risk CTA” is created). For more information on how to create Success Plan types, see the Configure Success Plan types section of the Configure Success Plans for C360/R360 article.
- Navigate to Administration > Operations > Migration.
- Select New Migration from the ADD MIGRATION menu.
- Enter a name for the Migration.
- Enter the credentials of the target org.
- Click AUTHENTICATE.
- The Run Delta Process window is displayed. Click RUN, to run the delta process or click CANCEL, to continue with the migration process. The Delta Process will compare your source org (Sandbox) to your target org (Production) and show you the differences and what needs to be migrated.
- (Optional) Select an entity type from the Select Entity Type dropdown menu. All the assets related to selected entity type are displayed.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox for the assets to be migrated.
- Click CONTINUE. The Configurations window is displayed.
- Expand CTA Types and click CTA Types. You can view a list of CTA types which are migrated and yet to be migrated.
Select the CTA Type checkbox. The High Risk CTA Type (and all other CTA Types) is selected for migration. You can clear the checkbox for CTA Types which are already migrated.
Note: The layout corresponding to High Risk CTA Type is also migrated.
- Select Account from the Select Entity type dropdown menu.
- Expand GSMeta Info and select Success Plan Type. You can view a list of Success Plan Types which are migrated and yet to be migrated.
- Select the Success Plan Type checkbox. The Success Plan for High Risk CTA (and all other Success Plan Types) are selected for migration.
Note: The layout corresponding to Success Plan for High Risk CTA Success Plan Type is also migrated.
- Click CONTINUE.
- (Optional) Select the Objects to be migrated.
- Click CONTINUE.
- Click MIGRATE. The migration process is started.
When the Migration fails due to an absence of the respective custom field in the target org, you can view the error message in the Migration logs as shown below.
Note: The above error message is displayed on the Meta Config tab of the log file.