This document will guide you through how to configure the opportunity connector. The opportunity connector will allow you to set up rules to determine how opportunities are synced into Gainsight as transactions. These configurations pertain to LRM 1.0, as opposed to LRM 2.0. We recommend that new customers use LRM 2.0.
- Opportunity Close Date - This date will allow you to determine how far back you want to go in the past as you sync opportunities into Gainsight. Typically clients opt for 3 years or less.
- Opportunity Rules Field - The Selected fields will be used in the next step when you configure Opportunity Booking Type Rules. Opportunity Type and Stage are most commonly used.
Opportunity Booking Types Rules
Now it is time to configure Opportunity Booking Types Rules.
- Go back to the Opportunity Connector
- Under Opportunity Booking Types Rules click MAP
6 Primary Booking Types
In Gainsight you will find 6 primary booking types as seen below:
- New Business = 1st time sign up of a customer
- Upsell = Increased revenue during contract term (Add. Licenses/User Seats, etc.)
- Downsell = Decreased revenue during contract term. Can be combined w/ renewal
- Renewal = Renewal of existing contract
- Churn = Possible renewal which was lost
- Debook = The removal of a sale for a customer which shouldn’t have been booked
For each Gainsight Booking Type you will create a business rule to define how the booking type will be mapped to the opportunity. You can have multiple rules for each booking type. Click Add New Business Rule under the assoicated Gainsight Booking Type. For each rule you will need to specify fields which are based off what you configured in the Opportunity Connector Settings. In this example Opportunity Type and Stage are being used.
You will have the opportunity to map the fields as seen above. Mapping Subscription End Date automatically creates Renewal Date or Term.